As you plan to attend VMworld 2018 – Do you have questions like : how do I micro-segment? What grouping strategies do I use? How to do a Firewall-As-A-Service in hybrid VM and Container environments? Or you are a Pros and would like to know more of what is new? – We would like to help you answer and have the best possible help as you head back to your organizations. This blog captures the Micro-Segmentation sessions that are geared towards designing your micro-segmentation strategies. Meet with our experts go in details with you. Listen to our customers on their journeys and understand all the options that VMware can help you with this journey.
Monday: August 27, 2018
It starts at 11.30 am with:
- Security Architecture, Use Cases and Tools for NSX Data Center where we will go over an overview with micro-segmentation features, design and tools that NSX DataCenter already delivered. (SAI1983BU)
- Amp up your VDI Security and Performance with NSX and Horizon at 11.30am (WIN2686BU)
Have lunch and then you have two choices:
- Building the Network of Future with Virtual Cloud Network (NS3729KU) – NSX Key Note at 1.30pm
- Register for free Operationalizing Micro-Segmentation with NSX workshop from 1pm to 4pm to make you a pro and designing your micro-segmentation strategy. (Register here)
End the day with deep diving into layer 7 micro-segmentation features with the following two sessions:
- VMware NSX Data Center Service Insertion: Advanced Network and Security – .How to integrate next generation firewall or agentless anti-virus or anti-malware solutions with NSX and hear the journey of School District of Philadelphia at 2.30pm (SAI2744BU)
- NSX natively uses Layer 7 inspection of packets and user identity and session information of Virtual Machine to enforce micro-segmentation. Hear Technologist Brian Irwin from Washington Federal on their journey at 4pm (SAI2077BU)
Tuesday: August 28, 2018
- Transforming Security in a Cloud and Mobile World (SEC3730KU) at 1.30.
- Deep Dive into NSX Data Center Security for Clouds, Containers and More at 5.30pm to end the day with micro-segmentation for any application, any platform. (SAI1527BU)
Wednesday: August 29th, 2018
It will be the busiest day with a long list of deep-dives. Gear up, store your energy as you start your day with:
- vRealize Network Insight Deep Dive on Network Monitoring and Flow Analytics at 10am (NET1879BU)
- Micro-Segmentation of native public cloud workloads at 10 am (NET1754BU)
followed by at 11.30am
- Intent Based Security Policy – we will cover it in our Consistent Network and Security Policy from Data Center to Cloud with NSX (NET2916BU) at 11.30am.
- How to Secure Virtual Desktops or Virtual Sessions using NSX at 11.30am (SAI1851BU)
After lunch head out to the following sessions at 1pm:
- Customer Panel discussions on Vmware NSX Data Center for Security (SAI2014PU) at 1pm with Clark County, University of New Hampshire and Kroger
- Micro-Segmentation with Advanced NSX Services in VMware Cloud on AWS: Use Cases and Best Practices at 2.30pm (NET2409BU)
- IHS MARKIT and their journey to create a FWaaS with NSX Micro-Segmentation at 2.30pm where our customer speaks about their journey (NET2518BU)
- Micro-Segmentation of Cloud-Native Apps with Pivotal Cloud Foundry at 2.30 pm (NET1894BU)
Thursday: August 30th, 2018
End your VMworld 2018 with:
- VMware IT uses NSX Data Center Micro-Segmentation to protect VMware datacenter at 12pm (SAI1217BU)
- Lessons Learned from Successful NSX deployments (NET3681PU) at 1.30pm
Available all days:
Please head out to our Self-Paced Labs to play with all the latest features of NSX Micro-Segmentation
Stop by at our UX Design Studio Workshop to interact real-time with our product designers. Contributed your feedback to the NSX UI/UX experience.
Have a fun and awesome VMworld. See you all there. Signing out.