Last month, we outlined VMware’s vision for helping customers achieve one cloud for any application and any device. We believe the prevailing model for cloud adoption will be the hybrid cloud, and the best architecture for achieving the hybrid cloud is through a software-defined data center architecture. The fastest path to building reliable infrastructure for the hybrid cloud is through the use of converged infrastructure systems, and no company has been more successful at delivering on the promise of converged infrastructure than our partner VCE.
Now, the ability to procure and deploy the VMware NSX network virtualization platform with VCE converged infrastructure is about to get whole lot easier.
Today, VCE launched VCE VxBlock Systems, a new family of converged infrastructure systems that will factory-integrate VMware NSX for software-defined data center deployments. The new VxBlock Systems will include VCE pre-integration, pre-testing and pre-validation of VMware NSX, with seamless component-level updates, ongoing lifecycle assurance, and unified single-call support from VCE.
As I wrote previously, VMware NSX already runs great on existing Vblock Systems. Customers today are deploying VMware NSX with their existing Vblocks, and customers will be able to extend VMware NSX environments across their entire VCE converged infrastructure environment as they move to the new VxBlock Systems.
This solution will be a powerful building block for the software-defined data center, delivering unparalleled IT agility through automation, and unparalleled security through micro-segmentation.
Agility through IT Automation
- Reduce time to provision multi-tier networking and security services from weeks to minutes.
- Achieve faster development, testing and deployment of new applications by aligning network and security provisioning with compute and storage provisioning.
- Streamline IT operations through programmatic creation, provisioning, snapshotting, deleting and restoration of complex software-based networks.
- Build advanced workflows through cloud management platforms to automate provisioning of networking and security, including switching, routing, firewalling, and load balancing without manually reconfiguring physical network devices.
- Use micro-segmentation and isolation capabilities of VMware NSX to build security directly into the data center infrastructure.
- Insert advanced partner services from leading security vendors to improve threat protection, reduce risk and help address their compliance requirements.
- Achieve better security inside the data center through fine-grained policies that enable firewall controls and advanced security down to the level of the virtual NIC.
- Create dynamic security policies that are automatically applied when a virtual machine spins up, are moved when a virtual machine is migrated and are removed when a virtual machine is de-provisioned
VMware NSX is the ideal platform for virtualizing the network running on top of VCE converged infrastructure.