vRealize Suite 2019 and vCloud Suite 2019 – Delivering Modern Infrastructure for Modern Apps
For most organizations, traditional on-premises data center infrastructures consist of compute, storage, networking, security and management which are typically silo’d, expensive to maintain, highly customized, and consist of highly proprietary and fragmented technologies. Yet the LOBs are requiring IT organizations to support a very diverse and rapidly changing portfolio of modern technologies such as cloud computing, cloud-native apps, artificial intelligence, DevOps, and big data. This is forcing IT organizations to look to public clouds providers, as well as modernizing their existing on-premises data infrastructures to a private/hybrid/public cloud infrastructure environment. One of the most difficult challenges will be, how will IT organizations cost-effectively manage both their traditional and modern infrastructures, while meeting the needs of the business which is rapidly undergoing a digital transformation.
VMware vRealize Suite 2019 can help enterprises accelerate the speed of their IT organization’s responsiveness to the rapidly changing business and competitive requirements of their LOBs, while helping to reduce their OpEx/CapEx and increasing the consistency of their security, governance and compliance.
vRealize Suite 2019 – What’s New
VMware vRealize Suite is a multicloud cloud management solution providing IT organizations a modern platform for infrastructure automation, consistent operations, and governance based on DevOps, and ML principles. vRealize Suite enables customers to modernize infrastructure orchestration and delivery with consistent governance using DevOps principles, such as Infrastructure as Code, CI/CD, and GitOps. It also provides consistent governance for virtualized and containerized workloads deployed across multiple cloud infrastructures. Powered by ML, vRealize Suite delivers self-driving operations capabilities to optimize, plan and scale multicloud and HCI deployments, as well as monitoring multicloud and modern Kubernetes infrastructure environments.
The Suite will include the latest releases of the version 8.1 vRealize products announced today, including vRealize Automation 8.1, vRealize Operations 8.1, vRealize Log Insight 8.1, and vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 8.1.
- vRealize Automation 8.1 – vRealize Automation is a modern infrastructure automation platform. The 8.1 release delivers new features, including vSphere 7 support, OpenShift support, Ansible Tower integration, Powershell for ABX, infrastructure pipelines in service catalog, multi-tenancy with dedicated infrastrucutre, XaaS (Custom Resources, Custom Day 2 for custom and built-in resources), bulk deployment request, custom properties, single and group level approvals, view only roles for RBAC, vRO parity items, enhanced network automation with NSX-T support, quick setup with VMware Cloud Foundation, vRealize Operations integration (health status of deployments and optimize action, pricing for hybrid cloud), and IPAM SDK framework to expand 3rd party IPAM integrations. These enhancements help to increase productivity and efficiency by reducing complexity, eliminating manual tasks, and enabling DevOps for infrastructure.
- vRealize Operations 8.1 – Powered by AI and predictive analytics, vRealize Operations delivers continuous performance, capacity and cost optimization, proactive planning, intelligent remediation, and integrated compliance. The 8.1 release delivers new features, including support for vSphere 7, native support for VMC with new dashboards and updated assessment, support for GCP in addition to AWS and Azure, rate card-based pricing for vRealize Automation 8.1 managed VMs, enhanced public cloud costing via CloudHealth including Perspectives, VPAT across new workflows, and new VxRail and enhanced AWS, SDDC, SNMP management packs.
- vRealize Log Insight 8.1 – vRealize Log Insight delivers centralized log management, deep operational visibility, and intelligent analytics for better troubleshooting and better security across SDDC and private cloud environments. The 8.1 release delivers new features, including URL-based dashboard sharing, variable retention by log type, expanded horizontal scale, log export queue management, UX consistency with other VMware products (Clarity UI), and vSphere 7 support, improving usability and reducing required administrative overhead.
- vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 8.1 – vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager delivers unified product and content lifecycle management for the vRealize Suite, accelerating time to value, minimizing ongoing management, and improving end user productivity. The 8.1 release delivers new features, including multi-tenancy support for vRealize Automation, enhanced VCF integration, certificate delegation, GitHub integration, and content endpoint support for vRealize Automation 8 and vRealize Orchestrator 8, enhancing user experience and further reducing administrative overhead for the vRealize Suite.
vCloud Suite 2019 – What’s New
VMware vCloud Suite is a enterprise-grade cloud infrastructure and management solution that combines the industry-leading VMware vSphere server virtualization platform and VMware vRealize Suite multicloud management solution, delivering modern infrastructure for modern apps.
The vCloud Suite 2019 will include the latest releases of vRealize Suite 2019 and vSphere Enterprise Plus for vCloud Suite. The vSphere Enterprise Plus will be based on the new vSphere 7, the essential building block of modern cloud infrastructure that helps:
- Streamline development when used with Tanzu Kubernetes Grid and core vSphere services
- Improve productivity of VI admins with application-focused management and intrinsic security
- Accelerate innovation across AI/ML, database and analytics, and time-critical applications
To learn more about the latest version 8.1 vRealize products, check out the following.
- Press Release: VMware Announces Expanded Portfolio of Products and Services to Help Customers Modernize Applications and Infrastructure (Mar 10, 2020)
- Blog: Announcing vRealize Automation 8.1 (Mar 10, 2020)
- Blog: vRealize Automation 8.1 Powers Network Automation for Modern Apps (Mar 17, 2020)
- Blog: What’s New in vRealize Operations 8.1 (Mar 10, 2020)
- Blog: Announcing vRealize Log Insight 8.1 (Mar 10, 2020)
- Blog: Announcing vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 8.1 (Mar 10, 2020)
- Blog: Announcing vRealize Orchestrator 8.1 (Mar 10, 2020)
- What’s New with VMware Cloud Foundation 4 (Mar 10, 2020)
- Delivering Kubernetes at Cloud Scale with VMware Cloud Foundation 4 (Mar 10, 2020)
- Blog: Announcing General Availability of vRealize Suite 2019, vCloud Suite 2019! (Oct 17, 2019)