This is a big week for vRealize users as we just launched the new version of vRealize Code Stream 2.2! In addition to all the great updates and changes included in vRealize Code Stream 2.2, we have some more news for our customers and partners, the launch of vRealize Code Stream Management Pack for IT DevOps 2.2!
But first, before we walk through all the details, what is the vRealize Code Stream Management Pack for IT DevOps?
What is the VMware vRealize Code Stream Management Pack for IT DevOps?
The VMware vRealize Code Stream Management Pack for IT DevOps is an extensible, customizable framework that provides a set of release management processes for software-defined content with the ability to capture, version control, test, release and rollback. This management pack makes it possible to dispense with the time-consuming and error-prone manual processes currently required to manage software-defined content. Supported content includes entities from vRealize Automation, Orchestration, Operations and vSphere.
Where can I install the new version?
This new version can be installed on a vRealize Automation 7.2 appliance/vRealize Code Stream 2.2. For more information about the installation process, see the Installation Guide documentation included in the release package of the management pack.
How can you get the vRealize Code Stream Management Pack for IT DevOps?
The vRealize Code Stream Management Pack for IT DevOps is available at no charge to customers of vRealize Code Stream and vRealize Automation Advanced or Enterprise editions. For further information about these products or to obtain evaluation licenses, contact your VMware account representative.
What is new in this version?
The version 2.2.0 release provides enhanced functionality in these areas:
- Support for running the management pack on vRealize Automation 7.2/vRealize Code Stream 2.2 appliance.
- Support for managing content or objects from new endpoints:
- vRealize Automation 7.2
- vRealize Orchestrator 7.2
- vRealize Code Stream 2.2
- vRealize Operations 6.4
- A new VMware Xenon based repository on the Primary Content Server (please see the Installation Guide for important instructions when upgrading from an earlier version of the Code Stream and the Management Pack).
- Package Type Improvements:
- Added support for Code Stream Pipelines
- Orchestrator Packages are both deployed from and exported to source XML.
- Zip files for Orchestrator Workflows and Actions are extracted to source XML files during capture. Note: Content is deployed from the original zip files.
- Dependent Orchestrator Workflows and Actions for vRealize Automation package types and Code Stream pipelines are extracted to source XML files during capture. Note: Content is deployed from the original zip files.
- Added version selector for vRealize Automation package types on Add Content Endpoint to assist with selecting the supported package types.
- vRealize Automation 7 package types with secure string properties can be captured and deployed.
- Other Enhancements:
- Significant improvements in performance and scalability of Group Package Requests.
- All content is at /storage/external on Primary Content Server with MD5 checksums.
- Existing artifacts in JFrog Artifactory can optionally be migrated to the new Xenon
- repository during upgrade.
- Added day 2 action for Packages to show differences between two versions.
- Added Repository CLI scripts.
Would you like to download vRealize Code Stream Management Pack for IT DevOps 2.2, Click here to Download
Interested in more info? Please have a look at our web site, where you can find additional resources. We also have a blog for our IT and developer audience. And of course, if you are interested in what the new version of vRealize Code Stream 2.2 offers, here the link to our blog
Additionally, here some really good videos on this topic:
- DevOps Ready
- VMware Pipeline management with vRealize Automation and vRealize Code Stream
- What’s new in vRealize Code Stream
…and of course if you have any additional questions, please contact your VMware sales or technical representative – we are certainly looking forward to provide you with any additional information on vRealize Code Stream Management Pack for IT DevOps, vRealize Code Stream, vRealize Orchestrator or any other Vmware product.
We will also provide a webcast on all the news and updates on vRealize Code Stream Management Pack for IT DevOps in the next couple days – stay tuned, we will provide the details and invitation link as an update to this blog very soon.
Daniel Jonathan Valik, email@example.com, Linkedin