by Rich Bourdeau
Scalability, availability and performance are three attributes that are critical to any IT management solution. The default configurations for most enterprise software products are designed for rapid initial deployment and not intended to handle the needs of every customer. In this regard, vCloud Automation Center is no different than other software products.
Performance and Scalability Considerations
You have successfully deployed your VMware cloud automation solution and production pilot was successful and demand is now growing. What happens when the time required to discover configuration data exceeds the default collection interval, or provisioning operations take longer than anticipated because they sit in a queue due to a resource bottleneck.
High Availability Considerations
Initially having an IT service catalog with automated delivery was nice to have, but now being able to request new services as well as manage existing service has become critical to how your company operates. You want to make sure your cloud management solution is configured to assure it will be available when needed.
An Architecture for Success
If these and other questions have you concerned or if you just want to plan ahead for the future, I recommend you check out the following new Deployment Guides
- vCloud Automation Center 6.1 Reference Architecture Document
- Configuring vCenter SSO High Availability for vCloud Automation Center 6.1 Deployment Guide
- vCloud Automation Center Deployment Guide for High Availability
These documents looks at the components in the standard configuration and documents how the default parameters can be configured and components scaled to meet the needs of configurations with 1,000, 10,000 and 50,000+ machines under management. In addition high availability considerations are also discussed. This information is designed to augment information provided in the Install and configuration manual.
Learn more about VMware’s Cloud Automation solution.
- Watch the VMware IT Private Cloud – Exceeding Expectations video (2:28 min)
- Learn using the vRealize Automation 6.x Video Library (formerly vCloud Automation Center)
- Try HOL-SDC-1421 – Brokering IT Services and Applications with vRealize Automation
- Check out what some of our customers are saying in the customer case studies on our web site.
Need help deploying your private cloud infrastructure or developing your business justification? Contact us and our experts can help your team build the business case and the solution that will maximize your IT productivity.