By Devaki Kulkarni
Dear Friends of Log Insight,
We are pleased to announce the availability of Log Insight 2.5 Technical Preview 3 (TP3)! Thanks for your feedback and we are happy to release some of the features and enhancements you requested. You can download this release from: https://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/get-download?downloadGroup=STRATA25TP3. You must be a member of the Log Insight Expert Community to participate. Register here to join.
What’s new in Log Insight TP3:
- Easy access to Content Pack Marketplace
- You can now install a content pack without having to leave the Log Insight UI.
- Log Insight Agent enhancements
- The Linux agent is available as a standalone package (.bin) that can be installed on various flavors of Linux.
- Restart of Windows or Linux Agents’ services is no longer required when you make configuration changes
- Debug support using Support bundles
- You can generate support bundles with both Log Insight Windows and Linux Agents and submit it to us for additional support
- Vulnerable versions of bash are patched to fix Shellshock security bugs.
By accessing the technical preview program site, you agree to keep any information regarding the pre-release software confidential, not to be shared outside this community. For more information, please access the links below:
- Release Notes: http://pubs.vmware.com/log-insight-25/topic/com.vmware.ICbase/PDF/log-insight-25-release-notes.html
- Download: https://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/get-download?downloadGroup=STRATA25TP3
- Open Source Licenses: https://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/get-download?downloadGroup=STRATA25TP3OSS
If you have any comments or questions about the upgrade, please let us know at email@example.com . You can submit additional requests for features, enhancements or report bugs on our community page: loginsight.vmware.com.
(On behalf of Log Insight Team)