Alright folks, VMworld US is almost upon us, and if you are going to be there, you might have already planned out what sessions you are going to attend. Or you might be thinking, “Oh, I’ll make my list in the flight over to San Francisco. There’s plenty of time!”
Well, no matter which category you fall in, here I have THE list of sessions that you don’t want to miss, especially if you care about how to efficiently manage the operations and performance, capacity and configuration of your heterogeneous infrastructure, whether virtual, physical, or hybrid cloud environment.
Here are the sessions covering Cloud Operations Management topics, featuring vCenter Operations Management Suite and vCenter Log Insight. And for your benefit, I’ve marked the ‘beginner‘ sessions in green and the ‘advanced‘ sessions in orange. The rest are good for either type of audience.
MON AUG 25
- 11:30am – MGT1833: How to Perform Troubleshooting and Root Cause Analysis Using Log Insight
- 1:00pm – MGT2003: What’s New and What’s Next in vCenter Operations Management Suite and Log Insight
- 2:30pm – SPOTLIGHT SESSION – MGT3210 – S: Management Product Overview and Glimpse into the Future with Columbia Sportswear, Electronic Arts
- 5:30pm – MGT2658: Close Tickets Faster: Making Log Management your Secret Weapon
TUE AUG 26
- 11:30am – MGT2115: Cloud Management Platform: VMware’s Approach for Managing Hybrid, Heterogeneous and SaaS
- 11:30am – MGT1876: Troubleshooting With vCenter Operations Manager (Live Demo)
- 1:00pm – MGT1918: Extending vC Ops Capabilites to Physical, OS and Business-Critical Applications Using Hyperic
- 2:00pm – MGT2052: Troubleshooting Without Darts: Slash Problem Resolution Time with VMware Log Insight
- 2:30pm – MGT1878: Deep Dive into How vCenter Operations Simplifies NSX Operations
- 4:00pm – MGT1909: Best Practices for Monitoring Health & Forecasting Capacity for VMware’s vCloud Automation Center Based Clouds with Covance
- 4:00pm – MGT1868: Troubleshooting Storage Devices Using vCenter Operations with Exact Target (REPEAT)
WED AUG 27
- 8:00am – MGT1514: Care Systems Analytics: Harnessing the Power of vCenter Operations to Manage the Health of EMR Systems with NHRMC
- 9:30am – MGT1265: Improving Cloud Operations Visibility with Log Management and vCenter Log Insight with US Bank, Walgreens, Beaumont Hospital
- 10:00am – MGT2723: Operations Management at First Sight – Setting Up vCenter Operations for Enterprise Wide Operations
- 12:30pm – MGT1876: Troubleshooting With vCenter Operations Manager (Live Demo) (REPEAT)
- 2:30pm – MGT1868: Troubleshooting Storage Devices Using vCenter Operations with Exact Target
- 3:30pm – MGT1906: Cloud Operations – Lessons Learned Solving Real-World Operations Challenges with Adobe Digital, Allstate – Hear about some exciting real world use of vCenter Operations: How did Allstate improve its vSphere capacity assessment & planning processes with vCenter Operations? How did Adobe Digital Marketing Platform plan capacity for Sochi Olympics and monitor their business applications supporting the event during the 16 days with unprecedented millions of users who watched it online from the US?
THU AUG 28
- 10:30am – MGT2240: Automate Your Cloud’s Configuration and Compliance Audits to Find Unexpected Changes and Save Time
- 12:00pm – MGT1660: VMware IT in Action – Optimizing the Performance of my.vmware.com with vCenter Operations and Log Management
So there you have it. Add these to your ‘must attend’ list, and have a fantastic VMworld!
Thanks for reading!