Get answers and solutions instantly by using VMware’s Knowledge Base (KB) articles to solve known issues. Whether you’re looking to improve your productivity, troubleshoot common issues, or simply learn something new, these most used and most viewed knowledge articles are a great place to start.
Here are the top 5 most viewed KB articles for Horizon, WorkspaceONE, End User Computing (EUC), Personal Desktop:
- “VMware Workstation and Device/Credential Guard are not compatible” error in VMware Workstation on Windows 10 host (2146361)
- If you are encountering an error message that says “VMware Workstation and Device/Credential Guard are not compatible” when trying to run VMware Workstation on a Windows 10 host, this article provides information and solutions to resolve the issue. The article covers various troubleshooting steps and configurations to disable Device Guard or Credential Guard to enable running VMware Workstation on the Windows 10 host.
- Learn how to increase the size of a virtual disk in this VMware knowledge base article. Discover step-by-step instructions on how to expand virtual disks for virtual machines running on ESXi hosts or vCenter Server, along with tips for avoiding common issues. Follow these guidelines to increase the virtual disk size of your VMs and improve their storage capacity without data loss.
- This knowledge base article provides a step-by-step guide on downloading and installing VMware Workstation. It includes information on system requirements, downloading the installer, and the installation process itself. The article also covers common issues that may arise during installation and provides troubleshooting tips to resolve them.
- “Installing Windows 11 as a Guest OS on VMware Workstation Pro/Player and Fusion” is a knowledge base article that provides step-by-step instructions for installing Windows 11 as a virtual machine using VMware Workstation Pro, Player, or Fusion. The article includes information on system requirements, creating a new virtual machine, and installing Windows 11. This article is useful for those who want to test Windows 11 in a virtual environment before installing it on a physical machine.
- This article explains how to use the Virtual Network Editor in VMware Workstation. It covers topics such as creating new virtual networks, editing existing networks, and configuring network adapters for virtual machines. This information is useful for anyone who wants to configure networking in VMware Workstation.
Here are the top 5 most Linked KB articles for Horizon, WorkspaceONE, End User Computing (EUC), Personal Desktop:
- This VMware knowledge base article explains the process of increasing the size of a virtual disk in a VMware environment. It provides step-by-step instructions for expanding the virtual disk using the vSphere Client, vSphere Web Client, and the vmkfstools command-line utility. This article can help users who need to increase the storage capacity of their virtual machines running on VMware.
- If you’re considering purchasing VMware Workstation 17.x Pro, you may have questions about licensing, sales, and compatibility. VMware has put together a comprehensive FAQ that answers these questions and more. From licensing options to system requirements, this knowledge base article provides all the information you need to know before making a purchase. Whether you’re a new user or an existing customer, this article is a must-read for anyone looking to use VMware Workstation for virtualization needs.
- This VMware knowledge base article provides troubleshooting steps for resolving SSL certificate issues with VMware Horizon Server or Console. If you’re experiencing issues related to SSL certificates, this guide offers step-by-step instructions to help you diagnose and fix the problem, ensuring smooth operation of your VMware Horizon environment. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can quickly resolve SSL certificate issues and get back to using VMware Horizon without any further complications.
- This VMware knowledge base article addresses an error message that may occur when trying to create an instant clone in vSphere. The error message is AD_FAULT_FATAL – unable to create connection pool, and the article provides troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. This article is helpful for those who work with instant clones in a vSphere environment and encounter this error message.
- If you are experiencing frequent crashes with VMware Horizon Client for Windows on Intel GPU devices after prolonged use, then this knowledge base article has the solutions for you. With detailed explanations and troubleshooting steps, you can quickly fix the issue and avoid future crashes. Learn how to update your GPU drivers and modify certain settings to enhance your VMware Horizon Client experience.
Our curated solutions are available 24/7 through VMware KB Articles. Make sure to also check our other resources:
- Knowledge Base : So many articles. So many topics. Find what you need.
- Product Documentation : Explore a full range of technical documentation including manuals, release notes, and more.
- Tech Zone : Go from zero to hero with the latest VMware technical resources.
- Technical Papers : Access content written by VMware technical experts.
- VMware Blogs : Benefit from the experience of industry professionals from around the VMware community.
- Compatibility Guides : Get information regarding supported and compatible hardware, software, and guest and host operating systems.
- Product Support Centers : All available support information grouped by product.
- Community Forums : Connect with users across the globe.
- Support Best Practices : Learn about best practices to help you get the most out of your support experience.
- SnS Extension Estimator : Determine whether you will receive a support contract extension when upgrading your license.