In this blog post, we explore several newly created KB articles addressing common issues in VMware Cloud on AWS (VMC on AWS). These articles provide insights and guidance to help users troubleshoot and resolve specific challenges in their VMC on AWS environments.
[VMC on AWS] After Cutover of L2E Segment to the SDDC the CIDR is not Advertised out the DX/Transit Connect
This KB article explains an issue where the CIDR (Classless Inter-Domain Routing) is not advertised out the Direct Connect (DX) or Transit Connect after the cutover of an L2E (Layer 2 Extension) segment to the Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC). A future SDDC version will include a fix to this problem.
VMC on AWS]AD User Unable to deploy VM from Template
Addressing Active Directory (AD) user-related issues, this KB article focuses on situations where an AD user is unable to deploy a virtual machine (VM) from a template in VMC on AWS. It delves into the potential causes, such as permission settings or synchronization issues between AD and VMC on AWS. This issue will be resolved in M20v3 and future SDDC release versions.
[VMC on AWS] Could not connect to one or more vCenter Server Systems: http://onpremvcenterFQDN:443/sdk is seen while logging into vSphere client on cloud vCenter
This KB article addresses the issue where users encounter the error message “Could not connect to one or more vCenter Server Systems: http://onpremvcenterFQDN:443/sdk” when logging into the vSphere Client on the cloud vCenter in VMC on AWS. It discusses potential causes, such as network connectivity or certificate-related issues.
ESXi host running NSX-T 4.0.0, 4.0.1 4.1.0 or VMC version 1.20v1/v2/v3 may experience a PSOD in presence of DFW L7 Context Profile attached with a FQDN attribute
This KB article focuses on an issue specific to ESXi hosts running NSX-T versions 4.0.0, 4.0.1, 4.1.0, or VMC versions 1.20v1/v2/v3. It addresses the scenario where a host experiences a PSOD (Purple Screen of Death) when a Distributed Firewall (DFW) L7 Context Profile is attached with an FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name) attribute.
Our curated solutions are available 24/7 through VMware KB Articles. Make sure to also check our other resources:
- Knowledge Base : So many articles. So many topics. Find what you need.
- Product Documentation : Explore a full range of technical documentation including manuals, release notes, and more.
- Tech Zone : Go from zero to hero with the latest VMware technical resources.
- Technical Papers : Access content written by VMware technical experts.
- VMware Blogs : Benefit from the experience of industry professionals from around the VMware community.
- Compatibility Guides : Get information regarding supported and compatible hardware, software, and guest and host operating systems.
- Product Support Centers : All available support information grouped by product.
- Community Forums : Connect with users across the globe.
- Support Best Practices : Learn about best practices to help you get the most out of your support experience.
- SnS Extension Estimator : Determine whether you will receive a support contract extension when upgrading your license.