Attention VMware customers! There have been some new Knowledge Base (KB) articles created in March that you should be aware of.
1. “vSAN Health Service – Online Health – VM storage policy is not-recommended” addresses an issue where the vSAN Health Service incorrectly reports that a virtual machine’s storage policy is not recommended. This can be a frustrating issue for users who are trying to optimize their virtual machine’s performance. The article provides detailed steps on how to resolve the issue and ensure that the vSAN Health Service accurately reports the status of your virtual machine’s storage policy.
2. “NFSv4.1 mount fails when NFS referrals are enabled on NFSv4.1 server” discusses a problem where NFSv4.1 mounts fail when NFS referrals are enabled on the NFSv4.1 server. This can lead to issues with accessing and managing files and data, which can be particularly problematic in enterprise environments where data access and availability are critical. The article provides guidance on how to resolve this issue and restore NFSv4.1 mount functionality.
3. “In-Guest VM Corruption occurs after Storage VMotion within the same array on DellEMC PowerMAX V4 Array” deals with an issue that can result in in-guest VM corruption following a storage VMotion within the same array on a DellEMC PowerMAX V4 array. This is a serious issue that can result in data loss and system downtime. The article provides detailed steps on how to prevent this issue from occurring and how to recover from it if it does occur.
4. “Receiving error “Invalid configuration for device ‘0’” intermittently when attempting to attach App Volumes to a VM,” addresses an issue where users receive an “Invalid configuration for device ‘0’” error message when attempting to attach App Volumes to a virtual machine. This can be a frustrating issue for users who are trying to manage their virtual machines and ensure that they are running optimally. The article provides detailed steps on how to resolve the issue and ensure that App Volumes are correctly attached to your virtual machine.
Our curated solutions are available 24/7 through VMware KB Articles. Make sure to also check our other resources:
- Knowledge Base : So many articles. So many topics. Find what you need.
- Product Documentation : Explore a full range of technical documentation including manuals, release notes, and more.
- Tech Zone : Go from zero to hero with the latest VMware technical resources.
- Technical Papers : Access content written by VMware technical experts.
- VMware Blogs : Benefit from the experience of industry professionals from around the VMware community.
- Compatibility Guides : Get information regarding supported and compatible hardware, software, and guest and host operating systems.
- Product Support Centers : All available support information grouped by product.
- Community Forums : Connect with users across the globe.
- Support Best Practices : Learn about best practices to help you get the most out of your support experience.
- SnS Extension Estimator : Determine whether you will receive a support contract extension when upgrading your license.