VMware Skyline Advisor Pro releases new Proactive Findings every month. Findings are prioritized by trending issues in VMware Support, issues raised through post escalation review, security vulnerabilities, and issues raised from VMware engineering, and customers.
For the month of July, we released 48 new Findings. Of these, there are 27 Findings based on trending issues, 16 based on VMSAs, and 5 based on post escalation reviews. We picked a few Findings from each of these categories which stand out in this release.
Proactive Customer Advisory
VMware Technical Support developed a customer advisory system. This system is designed as a way for Global Support to communicate critical issues to customers. For information on subscribing to Proactive Customer Advisories, please refer to KB 86378 for details: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/86378 .
In KB 88815, vSAN customers may experience Inaccessible objects and/or unexpected object deletion. This is caused by the SQLite database used by EPD being damaged. EPD (Entry Persistence Daemon) is a user space daemon that runs on every host that is part of the vSAN cluster. The main job of EPD is to make sure there is no component leakage when objects are deleted. The resolution for this issue is to upgrade to vSAN 7.0 Update 3c or vSAN 6.7 Patch 06.
- Description: vSAN 6.7 P05 or vSAN 7.0 U1/U2 cluster experiences inaccessible objects or unexpected object deletion.
- Recommendations: This issue is resolved with vSAN 7.0 U3c and vSAN 6.7 Patch 06.
- Helpful Link: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/88815
- Severity: Critical
In KB 88832, vSAN customers running version 7.0 U1-7.0 U3e with “GuestUnmap” & “unmapFairness” enabled may run into a LSOM Log Congestion issue. This may cause Significant performance degradation on the vSAN cluster and/or VM operations impacted due to cluster performance in a degraded state. The resolution for this issue is to upgrade to vSAN 7.0 Update 3f or you can work around this issue by disabling “GuestUnmap” and “unmapFairness”.
- vSAN- LLOGconsumption-KB#88832
- Description: vSAN high LLOG consumption leading to LogCongestion.
- Recommendations: This issue is resolved with vSAN 7.0 U3f.
- Helpful Link: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/88832
- Severity: Critical
Note: Proactive Customer Advisory KB link for this issue is https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/88870.
VMware Support Trending Issues
VMware Support trending issues are KBs that have solved a large number of SRs and/or viewed a large number of times.
In KB 65193, ESXi Host can become unresponsive and VMotion to impacted hosts may fail. Log file mili2d.log may fill up /var or /tmp causing the host to be unresponsive. This issue is resolved in VMware vCenter 6.7 Patch 01 (build number 15160138).
- Finding ID: vSphere- RamDiskFull-KB#65193
- Description: Full ramdisk ‘/var’ causes /var/log/EMU/mili/mili2d.log to stop logging
- Recommendations: This issue is resolved in VMware ESXi 6.7 Patch 01 (build number 15160138).
- Helpful Link: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/65193
- Severity: Moderate
The Skyline Advisor Pro team added support for Horizon Client versions in this release. This allowed for the creation of 13 Skyline Findings based on Horizon Client-based VMSAs over the last few years. Below is a list of the Horizon Client-based VMSAs we included in this release.
To review all released Findings for the month of July and all current active VMware Skyline Findings please go to the VMware Skyline Findings Catalog.
Most Viewed Findings in Last 30 Days
Below are the most viewed Findings by users in Skyline Advisor Pro.