As there is a planned kb.vmware.com maintenance window coming up this Sunday, November 8th @ 8AM UTC, we thought it was a good time to create this short blog post and share details of a workaround to access VMware KB content using the Google Cache. We hope this may help some customers in need of KB assistance during the maintenance window.
- There is no guarantee that all VMware KB content is cached, but the chance is very high if the content is recent and popular.
- There is a small possibility that the content has changed since Google cached it, check the date to be sure the information is fresh.
To access Google cached versions of VMware KBs:
- Do a search of the VMware KB in Google. In this example, I am using the query “ESXI 7.0 upgrade”Query: site:kb.vmware.com ESXi 7.0 upgrade
- On the result, you want to view click the down arrow beside the result and click Cached.
- The Google cached version of the page loads.For example https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:h1yQ50mGabAJ:https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/78205
Other options for knowledge assistance during the VMware KB downtime window: