Last year at VMworld US, Pat Gelsinger announced VMware Skyline, a new proactive support technology. This year, at VMworld US in Las Vegas, we have an amazing amount of proactive support sessions and opportunities for you to learn more about Skyline. There are sessions, Hands-On Labs, meet the expert opportunities and more planned for VMworld next week.
The following are details for where you can learn more about proactive support from VMware Skyline at VMworld US in Las Vegas next week.
Breakout and vBrownbag Sessions
Session: Cut Your Support Request Time With These Tips [VIN2688BU]
- Date: Thursday, August 30th, 10:30-11:30am
- Speakers: James Walker & Kevin Hagopian
- Whether you are providing support or are in need of it, no one likes the back and forth of support requests. After reviewing thousands of support cases, we have come up with a focused list of tips to eliminate the thrash, cutting down resolution times by hours or even days. In this session, you will find out how VMware Skyline enrollment will transform your proactive efforts and accelerate resolution time. Get a peek at the toolsets commonly used by VMware’s support engineers to not only fix quick issues but inform you and your team of potential impacts specific for your environment. Observe where VMware Support scopes issues and what can be performed prior to filing a support request. You will see a day in the life of a support engineer and what you can do to partner with VMware Support to resolve your issues quickly.
Session: Radically Transforming VMware Support [VMTN5601U]
- Date: Wednesday, August 29th, 9:30-9:45am
- Speaker: Nick Fritsch
- In this session, learn how VMware is transforming the customer support experience. Skyline provides breakthrough visibility to proactively identify issues before they become problems. No more searching for the solution, recommendations to resolve potential issues are provided. Skyline discovers which systems could be impacted, reducing the effort needed determining the scope of the issue. When a problem occurs that requires a support request, troubleshooting and problem resolution are accelerated. Learn how VMware is delivering proactive support to customers around the world.
Session: Skyline – Next Gen Support to Accelerate Success [PAR7230U]
- Date: Tuesday, August 28th, 1:30pm
- Speaker: Joshua Lory & Alexa Erjavic
- VMware Skyline is a new (and free!) capability for VMware support customers. It automatically collects configuration and version data while using AI/ML to identify known issues and proactively provides health improvement recommendations. Join this session to lean how Partners managing VMware environments can harness this toolset to automate reactive support and implement proactive, predictive, and prescriptive recommendations to improve overall stability and reliability. Partner Theater sessions are open to VMware Partners only. The theater is located in the Partner Lounge within the VMvillage (Bayside C – Level 1). Theater sessions will run from Monday until Wednesday and are available on a walk-in basis. Seats are limited! Visit the Partner Lounge for the full theater schedule.
Meet the Experts
Session: Transforming the Customer Support Experience with Nick Fritsch [MTE5012U]
- Date: Monday, August 27th, 2:15-3pm
- Date: Tuesday, August 28th, 5:15-6pm
- Date: Wednesday, August 29th, 3:15-4pm
- Speaker: Nick Fritsch
- Join this expert roundtable to ask questions and provide feedback regarding proactive support with VMware Skyline, Communities, Intelligent Search and more.
Lab: vSphere Challenge Lab & NSX Challenge Lab
- Date: Hands-On Labs are open at the following days and times:
- Sunday, August 26th, 8am-6pm
- Monday, August 27th, 10:30am-6pm
- Tuesday, August 28th, 10:30am-6pm
- Wednesday, August 29th, 8am-5pm
- Thursday, August 30th, 8am-3pm
- Get hands-on with the VMware Skyline Operational Summary Report (OSR). Learn how to use the proactive findings and recommendations to remediate potential issues within your environment. Additionally, we will be announcing new features and capabilities within Skyline at VMworld. Some of these new features and functionality are included within both of these Hands-On Labs.
VMware Premier Services and Skyline will be available at the VMware Booth (#2331) within the Solutions Exchange. We’ll also be sharing a demo of some of our VMworld announcements via a demo pod within the booth.
Members of the VMware Skyline and Communites team will be networking with VMworld attendees on Tuesday, from 3-4pm in the VMUG Lounge. Stop by and chat about proactive support and how Communities is playing a role in transforming the customer support experience. And while you’re there, pickup some Skyline swag.
Technical Account Manager (TAM) Customers
VMware Skyline will be a part of both TAM Customer Day and TAM Customer Central. During TAM Customer Day, Skyline will have two tables. One table will be led Nathan Small, Director of Technical Support and a member of the Skyline Center of Excellence. Nathan will be answering questions and sharing how customers are leveraging proactive support with Skyline to improve the reliability and stability of their VMware environments. The second table will be led by Nick Fritsch, Technical Marketing Manager within VMware Global Services. Nick will be demoing some of the features and functionality of Skyline that will be announced at VMworld.
On Tuesday, August 28th, at TAM Customer Central, both Nathan and Nick will be available from 2-3pm for Office Hours. TAM customers can stop by TAM Customer Central and learn how Skyline provides your TAM with more information for to help you reduce downtime and allow you to focus on strategic priorities that have an impact on the business.
Customer Advocacy Listening Post
Skyline is a VMware Customer Advocacy Listening Post booth partner at VMworld US. The goal of the Listening Post is to gather insights, build relationships, give back to customers and demonstrate customer centricity. Share your story with the Customer Advocacy team, they are there to listen and engage with our customers and partners.
As you can see, there are plenty of opportunities for you to learn from and engage with the Skyline team members. Additionally, follow VMware Support Experience on Twitter (@VMwareCSE). In addition to the sessions, events, content and learning opportunities available at VMworld, we’ll be sharing content and updates on Twitter.
We looking forward to seeing you at VMworld US in Las Vegas next week.