vSphere 6.0 has been out now for a few weeks and you early adopters have been busy kicking the tires. We’ve heard some very encouraging things about this release ie: the web client improvements. It’s always interesting and top of mind for us to see what issues emerge in everyone’s environments and we monitor support requests coming into support as well as social media to see what customers run into.
Here’s an fresh list of Knowledgebase articles we’ve created to address some of these inquiries. Familiarize yourself with the list and of course share with your colleagues using the buttons on this page.
Database compatibility issues during upgrade
- Installing or Upgrading to vCenter Server 6.0 fails with the error: Incompatible MSSQL version with vCenter Server 6.0 (2111541)
- Upgrading to vCenter Server 6.0 fails with the error: Source vCenter Server schema validation found an issue (2113439)
- vCenter Server installation fails with ODBC and DSN errors (1003928)
- Upgrading vCenter Server fails with the error: DSN is pointing to an unsupported ODBC driver or unsupported database driver (1015804)
Deprecated VMFS volume errors
- In a VMware vSphere 6 environment, the ESXi hosts display a false positive warning: Deprecated VMFS volume(s) (2109735)
Backup failures/CBT mem heap issues
- Backing up a virtual machine with Change Block Tracking (CBT) enabled fails after upgrading to or installing VMware ESXi 6.0 (2114076)