VMware recently launched the new VMWARE Secure Data Transfer portal which offers the ability to upload diagnostic information and files to VMware in a safe and secure way.
To address a Support Request, VMware Technical Support may request diagnostic information from the affected VMware products. Our video today provides a demonstration of the procedures necessary to upload diagnostic information to VMware using the Secure FTP (sftpsite.vmware.com) portal.
Uploading diagnostic information to VMware using the Secure FTP portal includes these methods:
- Using your web browser and the HTML Interface
- Using your web browser and the Java Applet
- Using the command-line from a Linux operating system
- Using third-party clients
- Internet Explorer 9 and above is supported.
- Other supported browsers include Firefox, Chrome, and Safari.
- When uploading with Internet Explorer 10/11, you may have to switch to compatibility mode.
- Do not use the HTML interface to upload files larger than 2 GB.
This video is based on VMware Knowledge Base article Uploading diagnostic information for VMware through the Secure FTP portal (2069559).