For the adventurous minded, those of you eager to see the latest features we’re adding to products, the VMware Workstation Technology Preview 2013 is now available for download.
We’ve put together the following video tutorial which demonstrates downloading and installing the VMware Workstation Technology Preview 2013 on a Windows-based system.
In this video you will see where and how you can download the VMware Workstation Technology Preview 2013 installer and also some step by step instructions showing how to perform the installation.
The VMware Workstation team is providing public access to the VMware Workstation Technology Preview to gather feedback from users on a wide range of hardware and software configurations. It includes changes to the core virtualization engine and new capabilities we are exploring in the following areas:
- Creating and running Virtual Machines using the latest operating systems – Window 8.1, Ubuntu 13.04, Fedora 18 etc.
- Pushing the limits of the latest virtual hardware with 16 vCPUs, 8 TB virtual disks, new virtual SATA drives, latest USB improvements and more…
- Setting expiration date and time, server synchronization frequencies and lease periods on Restricted Virtual Machines
- Ensuring that the virtual GPS, accelerometer, inclinometer, compass, gyrometer, and ambient light sensor work as expected
- Converting physical machines to virtual machines
- The new VMware-KVM interface
- Graphics performance, application performance, virtual machine performance and multi-monitor support
- General stability, application compatibility and usability
- The new VMware Workstation 30-day evaluation mechanism