Here is the second installment in our 3-part video series entitled Getting Started with vSphere Web Client Programming which will provide some insights as well as some deep-dive training and step-by-step demonstrations and examples of how you can setup a platform for developing your own solutions for the vSphere Web Client.
This video explains the fundamentals of creating vSphere Web Client (VWC) User Interface (UI) extensions. It does this by examining the code in the HelloWorld samples from the VWC SDK (Software Development Kit) and:
- Showing the syntax for creating UI extensions in the plugin.xml file
- Viewing and explaining the Flex code in the Application files
- Viewing and explaining the ActionScript code in the ModuleClasses.as file
- Viewing and explaining the role of View Classes in the context of Global View extensions
- Demonstrating the result of the code
After following along with this video, learners should be able to:
- Create their own VWC UI plugin projects using the STS (SpringSource Tool Suite) Flex Plugin project wizard
- Create a Global View and Shortcut Extensions
- Localize the plugin.xml and Flex classes
- Build, load, and test their extensions, including building localization resources for their plugin
Note: As these three videos are aimed at providing a full class-room like training experience of the subject matter, the videos are actually quite long in duration with each video ranging between 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Note: For best viewing results, ensure that the 720p setting is selected and view in full screen mode.