You’re all familiar with the VMware Knowledgebase, but do you know what a Resolution Path KB is? Well, it’s a very special kind of KB article, and we’ve incorporated Mind Maps into them too, but more on that in a minute.
Resolution Path KBs are collections of modular steps that can be used to solve tech support issues. Being modular, they can be re-used in other resolution paths. A good example is using the ping command to test network connectivity. This step is used in all kinds of troubleshooting procedures. Put a number of these steps together, and you can create sets of very methodical troubleshooting steps.
Mind Maps are a visualization of our Resolution Path KB articles, which help you understand the organization of how it all fits together.
Here are our KBs that are Resolution Paths. You should keep these links close at hand for the products you use. You’ll be surprised at how many common issues are covered in these.
- Troubleshooting ThinApp Issues
- Troubleshooting Storage Issues
- vSphere Install Troubleshooting
- Vsphere Licensing Troubleshooting
- Resolution Paths for VDR Issues
- Resolution Paths for VMware Site Recovery Manager Issues
- Unpresenting LUNs from ESX/ESXi 4.x
- Resolution Paths for OS Issues
- Resolution Paths for Converter Issues
- Resolution Paths for Lab Manager Issues
- vSphere Troubleshooting Network Issues
- VMware View Resolution Paths
- vSphere Troubleshooting Management Issues
- VMware Update Manager Resolution Paths
- VMware Fusion Resolution Paths
- VMware Workstation Resolution Path
- Fault Resolution Paths
- Capacity Planner Resolution Paths