Another in our Resolution Paths series, here is a ResPath article for those of you who use VMware View. Recall that a ResPath article outlines a step by step process to resolving an issue.
Let’s start by looking at the Respath titled: Cannot power on any VMware View virtual desktop in pool
You’ll be interested in the KB article if:
- You cannot power on any virtual desktop in a pool, or,
- You are having power on issues with your View virtual desktops
The four major potential causes of problems with powering on these pools are:
- Ensure that there are no issues with vCenter Server and the ESX/ESXi hosts.
- Ensure that there is sufficient storage space available.
- Confirm that replica virtual machine is not missing or corrupted.
- Ensure that there are no issues with your virtual machine templates.
Visit the full KB article here for all the details on how to check these items.