If you have a certification from Cisco such as CCIE, and would like to acquire VCAP6-NV Deploy certification, you can use your proof of the Cisco certification to skip VCP6-NV requirement.
The guidelines here are:
- Can skip VCP6-NV and any other VCP (which means can also skip attending required course and vSphere Foundations Exam)
- Need to Submit the proof of CCIE certification
- Does not apply to other solution tracks (DCV, DTM, CMA, or DW)
- Acquiring new VCAP certification will also re-certify active VCP certification
The diagram below is the overall image. To acquire VCAP6-NV Deploy certification, you usually have to acquire VCP6-NV first but can skip that by submitting the proof of the Cisco certification.
Note: The following certification(s) has not been released yet (as of July, 2018). It is shown in the diagram as just an example.
- VCAP6.5-DCV Deploy
- VCAP7-DTM Deploy
- VCAP7-CMA Deploy
For how to submit the proof, refer below:
- Go to VCAP6-NV Deploy certification page https://www.vmware.com/education-services/certification/vcap6-nv-deploy.html
- On Certification Path if you hold dropdown list, select “a Cisco certification”
- Expand “Submit proof that you hold a qualifying Cisco CCIE certification”
- Click “Submit proof”
See you at the next post!
(The above paths and requirements are as of July, 2018. These can be changed without prior notice.)