VMware Delivers more Work from Home Capabilities for Govt. Employees with the Expansion of Workspace ONE FedRAMP
We are delighted to announce that Workspace One Access is now FedRAMP Moderate Authorized. Access joins Workspace ONE Unified Endpoint Management as FedRAMP Moderate Authorized.
With the addition of Access to the FedRAMP environment, government customers are able to leverage a more secure cloud-hosted Workspace ONE Access environment. Through, agencies can now build on industry leading device management and employee onboarding capabilities of Workspace ONE UEM and implement a Zero Trust approach to security. With the FedRAMP Workspace ONE solution, agencies can now deliver:
- Leading Unified Endpoint Management capabilities to Windows, Mac, mobile and rugged devices
- A Zero Trust approach to security by setting and enforcing least privilege access policies for users, devices and locations
- More secure multi-factor authentication to applications and resources
- Application single sign-on to SaaS, Web and virtualized desktops and applications
- A single unified application catalog incorporating people search, employee notifications and access to intranet resources
- Remote onboarding of new employees with all required apps to government furnished equipment or BYOD devices
The ability to more securely deliver applications to a distributed workforce has of course become a critical issue for government IT organizations. It was quickly recognized that telework was going to be significant to maintaining essential government services with CISA putting out Interim Telework Guidance to help federal civilian agencies address the surge in teleworking and protect their networks. Although not intended to be a comprehensive document, the guidance specifically refers to:
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) users
- Virtual Desktops (VDI) and
- Zero Trust environments
Workspace ONE can benefit organizations in these specific areas with:
- A modern per-application VPN solution that reduces the cost and scalability issues encountered by many as workers became remote
- A leading virtual desktop and application solution
- Capabilities such as MFA, device compliance, conditional access and single sign-on that support Zero Trust
VMware is committed to supporting government IT programs worldwide and continues to expand our compliance programs to meet the requirements of the most demanding missions.
This article may contain hyperlinks to non-VMware websites that are created and maintained by third parties who are solely responsible for the content on such websites.