VMware in the Mile High City
The Rocky Mountains won’t be the only peaks on our minds at the EDUCAUSE 2018 Annual Conference in Denver later this month. Attendees will be eager to solve the rising student demand for online technology to be incorporated into higher education learning environments.
As we learned from the latest Faculty and Student Technology Surveys by the EDUCAUSE Center for Analysis and Research (ECAR), college students are increasingly seeking blended learning environments that include online technology and support the use of mobile devices. And while faculty may have hesitation about going all-in on digital learning at the expense of the traditional classroom experience, most feel there is something to be gained by integrating digital technologies into their courses.
What We Are Focusing on This Year at EDUCAUSE
VMware’s education technology solutions give educators and students the best of both worlds by empowering them to deploy cutting-edge digital learning solutions in the classroom and extending those same resources to users anywhere , anytime, on any device. We’ll be aligning our conversation around this and other issues highlighted by the latest ECAR surveys (available with your EDUCAUSE subscription). VMware’s sustained leadership in higher education IT positions us to architect next-generation solutions for universities’ most pressing modernization challenges:
- Incorporating mobile devices into teaching and learning environments
- Simplifying the complexity of security threats, technology, and architecture across your institution to help protect sensitive data and your brand
- Innovation and the role IT can play in institutional operational excellence
- Blended data centers and public cloud as part of your IT strategy
- IT, Research and High Performance Computing as a Service
- And much, much more…
As always, we are ready to support the discussions above with technical information as well as the role VMware technology has played in helping higher education institutions tackle their own business pain points.
I’m excited to host a session with leading higher education customers who have completely transformed the way they deliver IT services to students and departments within their institution. Please join us on Thursday, November 1 at 1:30 p.m. local time to hear from colleagues and ask questions about how their digital transformation has impacted students, faculty, staff and institutions at large. Learn more about the session here.
What Your Colleagues Are Saying
If you’d like to learn more ahead of the conference about how VMware and universities are working together, check out our Higher Education web page or these stories of just a handful of our successful partnerships:
- • University of Central Lancashire – IT and Operational Excellence
- • Western Carolina University – Mobile Devices in Teaching and Learning
- • University of New Mexico – Infrastructure and Research as a Service
- • University of New Hampshire – Security and Compliance
Come See Us In Denver!
VMware will be at EDUCAUSE Booth #1029, and we‘ve scheduled an ad-hoc meeting space, so please come by and visit us. Our education team, engineers and executives are all eager to meet with you. Just reach out to your local VMware representative or email us here to schedule a meeting, and we’ll look forward to seeing you in Denver.