A short and simple posting walking through the steps to quickly add the Horizon Mobile appliance to an Active Directory domain.
- Login as “root” to your HMM appliance (https://[your_hmm_appliance]:5480).
NOTE: Default password is “vmware”. It is highly recommended to change this!
- Navigate to the Settings sub-tab under the Horizon tab.
- If you do not have email setup, you need to set this up now. This is probably the most challenging part of the whole Horizon Mobile Appliance setup as this requires finding all of the SMTP settings of your environment (server, SSL, Port, User Authentication, a test email sent and received with activation code, and the code entered into the correct box). Once this is done, DO NOT DO ANY OTHER MODIFICATIONS – Just click SAVE AND RESTART.
If email is setup, continue on.
- Working from the bottom up, under the Naming Service section, select Active Directory from the drop down and type in the Active Directory Domain FQDN.
- Under the Work Phone section, replace the “https://127.0.0.1” URLs with the actual Horizon Mobile appliance IP or FQDN name. In the example below, the FQDN was used.
- Under the General section, replace Default Administrator name “admin” with the actual Active Directory Service account name for the HMM Administrator. In the example shown, “Administrator” is used.
- Click the Save and Restart button.
- Test the setup. You should be able to now open another tab/browser window and browse to “https://[your_hmm_appliance]” and login with the account configured in step 6.
Here is an example configuration snapshot with notes: