Support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host 7.x has been introduced for these products:
- ESXi 6.0, ESXi 6.0 Update 1, ESXi 6.0 Update 2 and ESXi 6.0 Update 3
- ESXi 6.5 and ESXi 6.5 Update 1
- Guidance on deploying RHEL Atomic Host in the vSphere environment can be found in RHEL7 Installation Guide.
Additional support considerations include:
- Support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host begins with version 7.4
- The base kernel in Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host is the same as the standard Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) distribution, which includes drivers for VMware’s paravirtual devices.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host is available for download from redhat.com as a vSphere OVA, which includes open-vm-tools packaged as a system contain.
- The GuestOperations feature of open-vm-tools is not supported (GuestOperations commands are executed in the scope of open-vm-tools container).
For more information about software and hardware support, please check the VMware Compatibility Guide