Today, we’re proud to announce the beta launch of VMware Workspace ONE Campus. Workspace ONE Campus builds upon the digital badging and health attestation experiences of Intelligent Hub, beginning with a hoteling/hot desk solution that allows organizations to progressively reopen while supporting the hybrid remote-office work model employees are looking for.
Swimming with the current: Why this is the perfect time for Campus
I was recently thinking about just how much our work week routines have changed in the past year as many of us work 100% remote. Regardless of marital status, number of children, age or experience, the way we spend our time each morning and evening (and the time in between) is very different than it was just a year ago.
As the first glimpses of light at the end of this “100% remote work” tunnel come into view, questions around what’s on the other side are becoming more and more common. Organizations understand that the post pandemic office experience will look much different than it did beforehand. They also know that Day One of the office reopening will look much different than Day 365. Employee needs and preferences have changed – only 17% of employees want to return to the office full time, and only 20% want to stay 100% remote, according to research commissioned by Slack. The majority of employees prefer a hybrid remote-office model that allows for the home office to play a major role while also providing options for physical interactions in the office.
Workspace ONE Campus: Designed for a customized ideal workplace experience
Getting back to physical interaction with the office space is much more than unlocking the front door. Workplace teams are loaded with new policies and procedures to implement, and employees need simple tools that allow them to get back into it without hindering their productivity.
The hoteling solution set offered within Workspace ONE Campus allows administrators to:
- Support flexible working and progressive reopening by defining reservable spaces to meet capacity and distancing policies
- Customize space types and features to suit employee needs
- View upcoming reservations, occupancy levels and cancellation rates
With just a few taps, end users can:
- Choose a space that best suits their needs on days they want to come into the office
- Share their reservation with close colleagues via email, calendar invite or messaging app of choice
- Add upcoming reservations to their home screen (in iOS 14 only)
- Fully manage the lifecycle of their reservation
The end-user experience
How to get started
In order to leverage Workspace ONE Campus, we require:
- Workspace ONE Unified Endpoint Management (all supported on prem/cloud versions) for secure app distribution and configuration
- Workspace ONE Access (all supported on prem/cloud versions) for authentication
Workspace ONE Campus is currently a cloud-only service.
At VMware we believe that the future of work involves placing employee experience as a top priority. We see a safe reopening of the physical office as just one step (albeit, a critical one) in the digital workspace journey that blends the virtual and physical workspaces for a distributed workforce.
As Workspace ONE Campus evolves, we will continue to prioritize easing configuration and maintenance burdens on administrators and provide critical workplace optimization insights, while also streamlining disjointed tasks, providing collaboration tools and creating a smart workplace that employees love.
We encourage you to try out the new experience in our Digital Workspace Beta Program Community (look for the ‘WS1 Campus’ beta project). Looking forward to hearing your feedback!
More Workspace ONE Campus Screenshots
The reservation experience
Campus on iOS 14 and Apple Watch