Multi-Factor Authentication now integrated into Intelligent Hub
Multi-factor authentication has come a long way. From fiddly fobs to slick phone-based systems. But for every solution, there’s always an extra app to deploy and maintain.
We’ve always thought of Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub as the single place to go for all of your applications and information – mainly because that’s exactly how we all use it here at VMware. So to us in the EUC team, it didn’t make sense to have an application outside of Intelligent Hub that you needed to have to get the authentication you need. So now, for the first time, your Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub also has the Verify authentication capabilities built-in. There are many advantages to this new integration:
• One less app to deploy and maintain
• Ease of onboarding for the user – only one place to go for their applications and authentication
• Enforcement of biometric based authentication across managed and registered devices
• No phone number required to register the device for MFA.
• Simple migration of existing VMware Verify users through the Workspace ONE management console
• Faster enablement of secure remote work
Let’s take a closer look:
As mentioned above, the authentication event and notification is all done through Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub, so no need to deploy a separate application. Another advantage is that the act of registering or managing the device can also register it for MFA. No additional registration tasks.
When an authentication event is triggered, step up authentication for example, the user is notified with an MFA push notification to the device. For extra protection you can require biometric or PIN on the device for approval.
You can find more detailed information on the requirements for Verify in Intelligent Hub in this great Techzone video by Peter Bjork.