Delivering Graphics Power with NVIDIA GRID & VMware Horizon Cloud Hosted
Today countless enterprise customers, including Seventy Seven Energy, leverage VMware Horizon Cloud with hosted infrastructure to deliver cloud-hosted desktops and applications to any device, without the hassle and cost of managing their own infrastructure. These organizations rely on Horizon Cloud to deliver virtual apps and desktops to knowledge workers, seasonal employees and contract workers, as well as those involved in mergers and acquisitions.
At VMworld 2017, we will introduce high-performance, GPU-backed desktops to extend the reach of Horizon Cloud hosted to engineers and designers who have traditionally relied on dedicated graphics workstations to utilize 3D applications and graphics intensive applications and to visually analyze large data sets.
In partnership with NVIDIA, this joint solution taps into the power of NVIDIA GRID. Come fall, organizations utilizing Horizon Cloud hosted will be able to take advantage of this new capability, and these power users will be able to access virtual workstations on any device.
Key Benefits of Virtual Workstations
- Deliver secure, immersive 3D graphics from the cloud. Power users and designers get the same graphics experience they would expect from dedicated hardware, delivered securely and cost effectively.
- Improve collaboration workflow and reduce costs. Dispersed teams can collaborate on large graphics and data sets in real time in the cloud.
- Provide greater security for mission-critical data. Protect intellectual property and improve security by centralizing data files.
- Centralize management. Use a single pane of glass to assign graphics resources to end users in a balanced way. IT can now control user profiles to flexibly deliver the graphics performance needed by each user. This includes hardware resources, operating systems and applications.
- Virtualize any desktop application. Bring the power of virtualization to the user who needs it most to be productive.
- Provide flexibility and remote access to power users. Virtual workstations work independently of location, endpoint and network. Users can access their desktops and 3D applications while at work, home or traveling.
Come visit us at VMworld to get a demo of Horizon Cloud with hosted infrastructure with NVIDIA GRID. Don’t miss this breakout session: