DISCLAIMER: this article is older than one year and may not be up to date with recent events or newly available information.
VMware has been named the leader in the endpoint management market (EMM) by IDC.
Earlier this year, the analyst firm invited several leading EMM vendors, including VMware, to participate in a study. All the participants surveyed had EMM suites offering mobile device management (MDM), mobile application management (MAM), and mobile content capabilities (MCM).
The vendors’ platforms were then rated against a broad range of capacity and strategy-focused criteria. The criteria used for measurement included:
- The core functionality of the platform in the areas of MDM, MAM, and MCM
- An ability to support a broad range of device operating systems
- Scalability and cloud-based delivery capabilities
- Intelligence and analytics
- The capability to support non-corporate devices or BYOD users
- Strong unified endpoint management (UEM) capabilities
Measured against these criteria, VMware emerged ahead of the pack, with the highest overall score. The ability to create specialized mobile apps and app integrations in the Workspace ONE environment was singled out as a particularly important differentiator. The judges were also impressed by the Workspace ONE UEM features for managing Windows 10 and the platform’s Intelligence analytics package. As the report states: “This is a key differentiation point for the vendor as it continues to add features and capabilities beyond traditional, core EMM features and capabilities.”
To read the report in full visit: https://bit.ly/2FtKzOO