VMworld 2020 is coming. It will be an online event this year and is taking place from September 30th to October 1st 2020. This year’s theme is ‘Possible together’, which expresses exactly what VMworld stands for. Namely, discovering new possibilities, seeing opportunities and all of this with thousands of peers from all over the world. VMworld […]
We are in the last straight line to VMworld. As you know, VMworld is streaming live online this year. So, it’s never been easier to attend this most highly anticipated event in tech. Whether you’ll be joining us from your office, your home workspace – or even your sofa – you will have access to a vast array of sessions, across several dedicated tracks. The agenda has been designed to keep you up to date on the topics that matter most to you, your industry, and your career. Browsing through the hundreds of sessions to plan your personal VMworld experience may seem overwhelming. So, to make it easier, we’ve selected some sessions from each track you must attent
1. Digital Workspace Track
A track to show you everything you need to optimize your remote working infrastructure. Follow this track to stay on top of the latest innovations and solutions for the digital workspace, and to ensure your knowledge of VMware Workspace One is up to date.
One particular session to mark into your schedule:
Keynote: Journey to a Future Ready Workforce (number in catalog: DW2716)
2. Emerging Trends Track
What will the future bring us? Which trends will change the industry? What is the next big thing? If you are looking to better prepare for the future of IT, this track is elementary. Each session will take a deep dive into the trends shaping the very fabric of our industry.
These are the must-see sessions:
- Game Changing Employee Productivity with Spatial Computing and VMware (number in catalog: 1213)
- Inside xLabs and Off-Roadmap Innovation in VMware’s Office of the CTO (number in catalog: 2406)
- Confidential Computing: Architecture and the Future of Application Security (number in catalog: 1625)
3. Modern Applications Track
Todays work and live is online. With apps in the middle. But the app world changes so rapidly – innovations are swift, and we can’t afford to be left behind. So, this track includes insights from industry leaders to help keep your finger on the pulse. Explore emerging concepts within the field, and discover some ‘how-tos’ around getting more into production faster.
Four sessions in this track:
- Modernize Systems in Days and Weeks, not Months and Years (number in catalog: 2275)
- Deconstructing the Monolith: Replace, Refactor, Rebuild, or Replatform (number in catalog: 2219)
- Always-on Service for Millions: Kubernetes and Observability Best Practices (number in catalog: MAP1591)
- Keynote: Modern Apps – Get Better Software into Production Faster (number in catalog: APM2656)
4. Multi-Cloud at VMworld
Hybrid Cloud or Multi-Cloud Operations… Whatever you specialize in, everything you need to know for optimizing an efficient, secure and innovative Multi-Cloud strategy will be covered in this track. Must-watch: the keynote!
- Keynote: Multi-Cloud Strategy to Deliver Modern Apps to Any Cloud (number in catalog: MC2797)
5. Telco 5G at VMworld
In this track, you will discover how common cloud-based architecture can deliver agility to 5G networks – with real life case studies that put it in to practice, and much, much more.
If we can make you a suggestion:
- Show Me the Money: Monetizing 5G and Enterprise Services with VMware (number in catalog: 2636)
- Accelerate Deployment of a Distributed 5G Core Network (number in catalog: 2644)
- Transforming 5G Economics with an Automated Telco Cloud Platform (number in catalog: 2637)
6. Virtual Cloud Network
If you are ready to explore the ins and outs of Cloud-Scale Networking and SD-WAN or Network Edge, this is the track for you. You will hear the latest developments on the Virtual Cloud Network with readiness for the future in mind.
Don’t miss this one:
- Keynote: Virtual Cloud Network – The Network for Your Future Ready Business (number in catalog: VCN2799)
7. Intrinsic Security Track
Security is at the core of everything we do here at VMware, and we are delighted to bring you this dedicated track. This year, we are taking a deep dive into the capabilities of the NSX Service-defined Firewall, the latest innovations in end-to-end data center security design, and exploring a new approach to Workload Protection.
Secure your spot for these two sessions:
- Keynote: Intrinsic Security, Intrinsic Advantage (number in catalog: IS2800)
- Demystifying the NSX-T Data Center Distributed Firewall (EDU) (number in catalog: 1141)
So, what are you waiting for? Start planning your VMworld 2020 experience, by visiting our session builder now. Or browse the full content catalog here.