From 11 to 14 September 2017 VMworld Europe will be a trending topic. And not only in Barcelona. This year’s VMworld 2017 Europe has been designed for you and your peers. A good preparation is half the work, so this year the content catalog is also available on time online. Transform your security In another blog […]
As the digital economy continues to evolve, IT teams are scrambling to keep up with the changing requirements. From the demand for speed and accuracy to the need for agility and performance, it can be difficult to juggle it all and still maintain robust security.
Some of the top challenges IT is facing as the data center landscape evolves include:
- The changing nature of applications, infrastructure, and security attacks. Application infrastructure is no longer confined to on-premises data centers but is now highly dynamic, and spread out between public and private multi-cloud environments. That makes security more complex, especially as threats become more sophisticated.
- Increasingly strict requirements for regulatory compliance. From industry-specific requirements like PCI, FISMA, ECPA, and HIPAA, to differences in regulations from the cloud to on-premises, it’s not easy to get or stay in compliance.
- The high cost of security breaches. Organisations of all sizes remain vulnerable to persistent, sophisticated threats—and the price of breaches just keeps rising. The annual cost of global cyber espionage is estimated to be around $500 billion.*
To protect applications, data, and users, organisations need to totally transform the way they view and enforce security. Download the new eBook: Transforming Security in the Mobile Cloud Era.
A three-part approach to better security
A security solution that’s built to tackle both current and future challenges can give you the ability to support your business and gain a competitive edge. VMware provides a ubiquitous software layer across application infrastructure and endpoints that is independent of the underlying physical infrastructure or location. This approach can help you:
- Secure application infrastructure
- Secure identity and endpoints
- Streamline compliance
VMware solutions make it possible for your IT team to leverage the power of the cloud, and focus on innovation and strategic initiatives—instead of spending all your time trying to prevent costly attacks or compliance errors.
With more time and improved visibility, you can keep your organisation more secure, and help it succeed in the digital economy.
- Visit our website for more information about transforming security
- Learn how you can build a secure application infrastructure with Hands-On Labs
You may also like our other blog articles:
- Why a Modern Data Center is Essential for the Digital Economy
- Empower the Digital Workspace
- Network Virtualization For Dummies
*Source: Cost of Data Center Outages, Ponemon Institute, January 2016