Hema Purohit, Advisory Services, VMware Jens Koegler, Healthcare Industry Director, VMware The healthcare industry has never been one to shy away from technology – in some instances it’s a pioneer. However, there are also others, such as front-line hospitals, that have traditionally been much slower with adoption. But how emerging technologies, like 5G, Internet of Medical Things (IoMT), […]
Know the basics of virtualization but want to improve your knowledge? Looking to gain insights on how to extend its benefits beyond your servers, to areas like storage, backup, and networking? Then we’ve got the book for you…
Virtualization 2.0 For Dummies provides tips, insights and advice for understanding and managing a virtualized data center. It includes history on how virtualization got started, how it’s evolving, and examples of real-world outcomes it can deliver for your business.
Virtualization 2.0 For Dummies has the assumption’s that you understand how virtualization can benefit your business, and you have already taken the first steps in virtualizing your servers. Virtualization 2.0 For Dummies focuses on the details which you may not have had time to explore, such as:
- How Virtualization 2.0 is driving the next-generation data center, through capacity management and performance monitoring that delivers improved visibility, optimised planning and efficiency, more predictive control, high availability, and customised management dashboards. It also includes detailed use cases from real VMware customers who are embracing Virtualization 2.0.
- A deep dive into virtualization beyond the server, including operations management, virtualized backup, storage, and networking. This book shows you how they all work together to power today’s modern IT environment to better support your organisation’s goals.
- Business outcomes that can be achieved through Virtualization 2.0, like data center consolidation and standardisation; streamlined, automated data center operations; and stronger security and compliance. It’ll cover how Virtualization 2.0 can help simplify routine backup and disaster recovery, and discuss how automating IT service delivery gives end-users access to the right tools at the right time, governed by the right policies.
- Preparing your IT environment for the next steps in your virtualization journey, with advice on storage options, security, and operations management so your migration succeeds without a hitch.
- You’ll also get technical tips, best practices, and links to in-depth resources to help you save time setting up, managing, and troubleshooting your advanced virtualized environment.
Published by Wiley, this VMware Special Edition of Virtualization 2.0 For Dummies can be downloaded here.