We're happy to announce that the newest VMware Certification program – VMware Certified Professional 5 – Infrastructure as a Service (VCP5-IaaS) is now available.
This certification validates your ability to install, configure and administer a Cloud environment using vCloud Director and related components. Achieving this certification demonstrates your understanding of basic cloud concepts including public/private/hybrid clouds, multi-tenancy and cloud security, as well as your skills in using vCloud Director to create and manage vApps, service catalogs, and organization/provider VDCs, as well as administering cloud enabled networking and storage.
While there are no required courses for the certification, we recommend VMware vCloud: Deploy and Manage the VMware Cloud [V1.5] for candidates. This official VMware course demonstrates how to deploy VMware vCloud for a public, private, or hybrid cloud environment and manage the ongoing operation of the deployment.
Get complete details, including the exam blueprint and how to register here: www.vmware.com/go/vcpiaas
On the run-up to VMworld, we have been working hard over the last 5 months on our Education roadmap, with a batch of shiny new courses and certifications. I hope you will find this new approach refreshing and intriguing. We have looked carefully at how to provide more choice in courses and formats, and enhanced by new certifications, wrapped up in an easy to understand matrix to halp make the right choice for your education requirements. I look forward to sharing more information with you over the forthcoming weeks.
Congratulations to our newest VMware Certified Design Experts (VCDXs):
- Eiad Al-Aqqad, Senior Consultant, VMware Cloud Infrastructure Professional Services
- Michael Berthiaume, Enterprise Consultant, GreenPages Technology Solutions
- Gourav Bhardwaj, Sr. Consultant, VMware
- Jun Fan, Accenture
- Greg Herzog, Consulting Architect, VMware Professional Services
- William Huber, Principal Architect, Panurgy
- Alexander Komissarov, System Architect and Head of New Solutions, I-Teco
- Artur Krzywdzinski, Virtualization Architect, Serco Services GmbH
- Michael Marzotto, Senior Systems Engineer, Holly Frontier Corporation
- Chris McCain, Owner, 27 Virtual
- Josh Odgers, Virtualisation Architect, IBM Australia
- Nathan Raper, VMware Architect, Catholic Health Initiatives
- Rawlinson Rivera, Senior Consultant, VMware Cloud Infrastructure & Management
- Harold Simon, Senior Data Center Engineer, Presidio
- Ramses Smeyers, Cisco Technical Services
- Brian Smith, Manager, VMware Technical Operations Group
- Randy Stanley, Principal Consultant, IT Partners
- Michael Voigt, VMware Architect, IBM Germany
- James Wirth, CloudFX
Read more about them and all the VCDXs in our online directory.
To help us better understand your perceptions of VMware's certification programs and tailor future programs to meet your needs we have begun a limited-time research study. Whether you're a current VCDX or just getting started on your path to VCP5, we hope you'll take the time to share your thoughts and opinions.
The survey should only take about 15 minutes to complete, and at the end you'll have the option to enter a drawing for one of two 32GB New Apple iPads with WiFi as a thank you for participating.
Get started now.
We're happy to announce today that the VMware Certified Advanced Professional on vSphere 5 for Datacenter Administration (VCAP5-DCA) exam is now available, giving VCP5s a way to demonstrate your expertise with VMware vSphere 5, as well as your ability to use automation tools and implement virtualized environments.
The VCAP5-DCA exam is a unique, lab-based exam where you will perform tasks using actual equipment to verify your skill at installing, configuring, and administering large and complex virtualized environments.
There is no course requirement to earn your VCAP5-DCA certification, however our new VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale [V5.0] course can help you prepare for the topics covered on the exam. This five-day course teaches you advanced skills for configuring and maintaining a highly available and scalable virtual infrastructure.