Today, we’re thrilled to announce that the VMware Pulse IoT Center on-premises release will be generally available on September 5, 2019, with new features included.
As organizations seek to accelerate their digital transformation journey at the edge, the number of connected devices and IoT use cases is growing exponentially. Enterprises recognize that IoT management is incredibly complex, and difficult to execute at scale. VMware has solved for this complexity to accelerate IoT business value, operationalize IoT through automated device life cycle management, extend IT security standards to IoT environments and enable our customers to manage any app, on any device, anywhere across the edge. These core capabilities simplify IoT for our customers and enable them to operate at enterprise scale.
VMware Pulse IoT Center on-premise complements the previously released SaaS version, providing VMware customers with the flexibility and choice for implementing Pulse IoT Center with a software as-a-service model or to deploy Pulse IoT Center in an enterprise data center. With on-premise deployments, VMware customers can integrate Pulse IoT Center with their existing IT services, standards, processes, data protection and governance mechanisms and security posture. The on-premises version delivers the same capabilities provided in SaaS version.
With this release, we introduce additional new capabilities in Pulse IoT Center focused on enhancing security, accelerating the device on-boarding process, and extending container management to edge environments. VMware is focused on helping our customers get to value faster in IoT by addressing the tough challenges facing all IoT and edge deployments. To help with these challenges, the new capabilities include:
- Enhanced capabilities for more secure device registration to reduce the complexity, cost and time to onboard new devices at scale
- Support for Intel’s Trusted Platform Module (TPM) implementation enables hardware-based root of trust on selected gateways, for remote validation of the device’s identity and software stack.
- Availability of new Pulse IoT Center Mobile App (iOS and Android) that enables technicians to scan a QR code and whitelist a gateway during the registration process. This gives enterprises better access control over device enrollment.
- Newly enhanced capabilities for distribution, monitoring and management of containers at the edge to help customers to quickly capitalize on the need to move workloads like data processing and analytics to the edge
- Ecosystem collaboration for added functionality like automatic discovery and on-boarding of connected IoT devices
“The integration of VMware Pulse IOT Center and Intel TPM technologies enables IT/OT to apply a new suite of best practice hardware security protections across a devices lifecycle”, said Lorie Wigle, Vice President of Intel Architecture, Graphics and Software, and General Manager of Platform Security Product Management. “Our collaboration with VMware delivers a transitive trust chain and lays the foundation for a more intelligent tomorrow.”
“We are excited to announce expanded collaboration with VMware to ensure interoperability between the Forescout platform and VMware Pulse IoT Center. This simplifies and operationalizes enterprise-wide IoT lifecycle and security management”, said Damiano Bolzoni, Vice President of OT and Industrial Business of Forescout. “Our solution allows enterprises to automatically discover, onboard and orchestrate management and security actions across IoT devices regardless of type or network tier.”
Globally, customers are adopting of VMware Pulse IoT Center to help them scale to enterprise wide adoption. We are collaborating with our customers and partners to design and execute IoT initiatives to deliver tangible business outcomes and help move our customers on their journeys to becoming digital enterprises.
Our customers have been anticipating the general availability of Pulse IoT Center 2.0 on-premise release, and we’re delighted to make it available globally on September 5th .
VMware Pulse IoT Center v2.0 on-premises will be available on September 5, 2019.