VMware vSphere PowerCLI is a command-line and scripting tool built on Windows PowerShell that provides more than 400 cmdlets for managing and automating vSphere and vCloud environments. This release of vSphere PowerCLI introduces a number of new capabilities and expands on the existing cmdlets introducing cmdlets for connecting to vCloud Air and enabling hybrid management of both vCloud and on-premises environments from the same command line.
What’s New in PowerCLI 6.0R1
New features in vSphere PowerCLI 6.0R1 include:
- Enhancements to change the core distribution model of PowerCLI cmdlets.
- Ability to connect to and manage vCloud Air instances with the new Connect-PIServer and Get-PIDatacenter cmdlets.
- Ability to connect to and manage the new vCloud Suite SDK with the Connect-CISServer and Get-CISService cmdlets.
- Ability to add, remove, and view details of I/O filters.
- Ability to manage VMware Virtual SAN and Virtual SAN disks.
For more details or to get the latest release of PowerCLI, visit VMware Developer Center at https://developercenter.vmware.com/web/dp/tool/vsphere_powercli/6.0.