Our vCloud Air Network Compliance Spotlight series focuses on compliance issues that affect journeys to the cloud. A look back at our past spotlights:
In this month’s spotlight, we focus on ISO 20000.
ISO/IEC 20000 is the international standard specifically for IT Service Management. The standard describes an integrated set of management processes which form a service management system for the effective delivery of services to businesses and customers.
Several parts construct the ISO/IEC 20000 standard:
- ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 (Part 1) is the formal specification and defines the requirements for a service management system. The scope includes:
- General requirements for a service management system
- Design and transition of new or changed services
- Service delivery process
- Relationship, resolution, and control processes
- ISO/IEC 20000-2:2012 (Part 2) gives guidance on the application of service management systems, including best practices for service management processes within the scope of ISO/IEC 2000-1.
- ISO/IEC TR 20000-3 (Part 2) contains guidance on scope definition and applicability of Part 1.
Working with an organization compliant with ISO 20000 helps to establish an on-going culture of continual improvement and learning within an organization, as well as continuously increasing the rate of change and the productivity of staff (and the use of their expertise and skills).
Additionally, organizations are able to internally assess their processes and activities against international standards as a method of identifying and implementing improvements. ISO 20000 also allows organizations to be independently, externally audited for compliance, using a scheme and standard that is internationally recognized and respected.
As the adoption of ISO 20000 has grown rapidly across the globe, for both internal and external IT service providers, the standard has become a competitive differentiator for delivery of IT services.
If you are searching for a cloud service provider that is compliant with ISO 20000, the vCloud Air Network is here to help. Simply visit our website and look to our “Find a Provider” tool. From there, you filter through our network of 4,000+ service providers, to find an ISO 20000 compliant provider nearest you.