VMware vCloud Director orchestrates the provisioning of hybrid/public cloud services as complete virtual data centers that provide virtualized compute, networking, storage, and security capabilities.
Through simplifying the provisioning of these services, VMware enables Service Providers in the vCloud Air Network to provision complete and operationally ready infrastructure without worrying about the underlying physical configuration of hardware.
Today, we’re happy to announce the release of vCloud Director 8.0. Featuring many new operational improvements over previous versions, vCloud Director 8.0 is a commitment to VMware’s hybrid cloud strategy.
“vCloud Director is fundamental to enabling VMware’s hybrid cloud strategy through our vCloud Air Network service provider partners. With vCloud Director 8.0, we are providing service providers with tools to deliver more robust and secure self-service cloud orchestration capabilities to their end customers.”
-Geoff Waters, Vice President, Service Provider Channel, VMware
What’s new in vCloud Director 8.0? Take a look at some of the new features:
- vSphere 6.0 and NSX 6.1.4 support
- vSphere 6.0 and NSX 6.1.4 are supported in vCloud Director 8.0 in backward compatibility mode.
- Organization Virtual Data Center (vDC) templates
- System administrators can now develop organization specific virtual data center templates with pre-set resource and delegation rules. Organizations deploy these templates to quickly create new virtual data centers on a self-service basis.
- vApp Enhancements
- System administrators can now reconfigure virtual machines as well as network connectivity during vApp instantiation. This significantly streamlines management of vApps.
- OAuth Support for Identity Sources
- OAuth2 tokens are now supported in vCloud Director 8.0.
- Tenant Throttling
- Prevents a few tenants from consuming a majority of the resources for a single instance of vCloud Director and ensures fairness of execution and scheduling among tenants
“With vCloud Director 8.0, VMware continues to deliver operational improvement through new capabilities such as vSphere 6.0 support and tight integration with NSX. NaviSite worked closely with VMware on early testing of the features and functionality and will utilize the enhanced VDC features and templates to help us operate more efficiently.”
-Thomas Warnock, Director of Cloud Technology, NaviSite
As a fundamental part to VMware’s hybrid cloud strategy, vCloud Director 8.0 is positioned to act as an enabler to our networking and storage capabilities.
To learn more about vCloud Director 8.0, click here.
For more updates around vCloud Director and the vCloud Air Network, follow @VMwareSP on Twitter, and ‘like’ us at Facebook.com/VMwareSP
_bizo_data_partner_id = “7871”;
var s = document.getElementsByTagName(“script”);
var b = document.createElement(“script”);
b.async = true;
b.src = (window.location.protocol === “https:” ? “https://sjs” : “http://js”) + “.bizographics.com/insight.min.js”;