More and more companies today are looking to extend their businesses across regions and across the globe. This is no easy task. There are operational and geographic limitations on top of capital expenses and a litany of compliance requirements to adhere to.
But organizations looking to ease their growing pains have a solid option when it comes to cloud strategy: they can partner with a service provider whose cloud services meet stringent IT and business standards. In fact, there are many certified cloud-based service partners who are guaranteed to provide best of class service and security. The hard part is tracking those potential partners down. VMware vCloud Air Network’s service providers provide exactly that.
With more than 4,000 service partners in more than 100 countries, vCloud Air Network service providers offer services that meet a broad variety of compliance standards at national, international and industry specific levels.
Here’s a short list of compliance standards vCloud Air Network service providers can help you meet:
- ISO 27001
- Formally defines requirements for a complete Information Security Management System (ISMS). Details a set of best practices and is intended to be applicable to all organizations
- SOC 1 (SSAE16)
- Report on controls at a service organization that may be relevant to user entities’ internal control over financial reporting
- SOC 2 (Trust Service Principles)
- SOC 2 engagements audit the effectiveness of a service organization’s controls related to compliance or operations. These are also known as trust service principles and criteria.
- SOC 3 (Trust Service Report)
- A SOC 3 Report can be freely distributed (general use) and only reports on if the entity has achieved the Trust Services criteria or not. Based on the existing SysTrust and WebTrust principles.
- ISO 27001
- The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act is the US law that regulated Protected Helath Information (PHI). Helps protect the privacy of individually identifiable health information.
- Financial Services
- PCI Security Standards provides an actionable framework for developing a robust payment card data security process.
- The Federal Information Security Management Act requires federal agencies to improve the security of IT systems, applications and database.
- The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. The law applies to all schools that receive funds under an applicable program of the U.S. Department of Education.
The VMware vCloud Air Network makes compliance clear. Powered by a network spanning over 4,000 partners in more than 100 countries, any business can find the right provider to guide it towards compliance and certification.
If you’re ready to find a service provider, visit us at vCloudProviders.VMware.com.