It’s the beginning of August, which means VMworld is only a few short weeks away! Attendees will soon get the chance to preview the latest in VMware technology, view demos of VMware tech and solutions, and wine and dine among some of the leading minds in the industry!
VMworld is always a packed event with more to do, see and learn than there are hours in the day. Rest assured, we’ll be on-site shooting videos, taking pictures, and live-tweeting the whole event so you can catch up on what you missed later. But to make sure you don’t miss the essentials, we’ve compiled this handy guide to VMworld 2014. Here are 4 things you don’t want to miss:
1. The Solutions Exchange
Preview the latest in virtualization and cloud solutions at the Solutions Exchange.
Attendees can witness demos of the latest VMware technology and solutions, watch live presentations, and visit an expert bar where all VMware questions will be answered in person. If hybrid cloud is what you came for, visit the VMware booth to see demos of vCloud Hybrid Service in action.
Solutions Exchange hours:
Sunday, August 24th: 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Monday, August 25th: 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Tuesday, August 26th: 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Wednesday, August 27th: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
2. Can’t Miss Hybrid Cloud Sessions
Discover how to get started with vCloud Hybrid Service, build a mobile app in the cloud, architect the hybrid cloud for Microsoft Exchange and Lync, and so much more! Register for our top recommended sessions at this year’s VMworld:
Hybrid Cloud Track Sessions
|I.D. Number:||Session:||Date and Time:|
|3284-S||How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Public Cloud||Monday, 1 p.m. – 2 p.m.|
|1475||Getting Started With vCloud Hybrid Service||Monday, 11 a.m. – Noon|
|1705||Move Beyond Infrastructure! Introduction and Roadmap for VMware Hybrid Cloud Solutions and Application Services||Monday, 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.|
|2577||Hybrid Sandboxing – Create the Ultimate On and Off Premises Test/Dev Factory||Tuesday, 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.Wednesday, 1 – 2 p.m.|
|2700||Maximizing Hybrid Cloud Performance||Tuesday, 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.|
|2708||Customer Case Study & Demo on Application Mobility: How to seamlessly move applications and stretch networks to vCloud Hybrid Service||Tuesday, 5 – 6 p.m.|
|1534||Recovery as a Service (RaaS) with vCloud Hybrid Service||Tuesday, 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.Thursday, Noon – 1 p.m.|
|2609||Smells Like Team Spirit: Achieve Hybrid Operations Nirvana with vCloud Hybrid Service||Wednesday, 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.|
|2066||Architect the Hybrid Cloud for Microsoft Exchange and Lync||Wednesday, 1 – 2 p.m.|
|2068||vCloud Hybrid Service Networking Technical Deep Dive||Tuesday, 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.|
|1917||Build Your First Mobile Application…In The Cloud…In 60 Minutes||Wednesday, 4 – 5 p.m.Thursday, 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.|
Can’t make it to VMworld 2014 or can’t attend all of the sessions you want? Don’t worry. We’ll be live-tweeting highlights from the Hybrid Cloud Track through our @vCloud Twitter handle. Follow us to get all the info you need!
3. Win Prizes from the vCloud Team!
We’ll be holding a couple contests where you’ll have a chance to win some sweet VMware swag and more. Full details on how you can enter to win are below.
We’ll be holding our annual #vTrivia contest at VMworld 2014 for the fourth year in a row!
Here’s how to play:
- Follow us on Twitter at our main handle, @vCloud, and keep an eye out for trivia questions posted with the #vTrivia hashtag.
- #vTrivia questions will center around major VMworld announcements and key highlights from popular sessions and events.
- Think you know the answer? Then tell us by replying to the @vCloud handle and tagging the #vTrivia hashtag.
Winners are chosen based on the accuracy of the response and the time submitted. Participants have the chance to win a variety of prizes, including VMware swag, gift cards and more!
#vTrivia Winners at VMworld 2013 showing off their prizes
Photo Scavenger Hunt
In addition we will also be holding a Photo Scavenger Hunt, with five lucky winners taking home a VMware Prize Pack and one grand prize winner taking home a Hero3+ Black Edition GoPro Camera! Here’s how to play:
- Take photos at the 5 photo scavenger hunt locations (and 2 bonus ones):
- vCloud Hybrid Service Demo Pod at the VMware booth
- #cloudtalk Tweetup at 111 Minna
- vCloud Hybrid Service Hands-On Labs
- Mathew Lodge’s Spotlight Session, “How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Public Cloud”
- One of the 5 Starting Points Sessions (5 Starting Point sessions include: HBC 1534, HBC 1917, HBC 2066, HBC 2577 and HBC 2609)
- Bonus: Take a selfie with Chris Colotti
- Bonus: Take a selfie wearing VMware gear (we’ll be handing out Dilbert t-shirts during the show. Jay Marshall will also be handing out t-shirts during his session, HBC 1917)
- Tweet your pictures to the @vCloud Twitter handle using the #vCloudPhotoHunt hashtag any time during the conference, but all entries MUST be received by Wednesday, Aug. 27, midnight.
- The first 5 participants to complete 3 stations will be entered into a raffle to win a Prize Pack. Participants who complete all the stations will be entered into a raffle to win a Hero3+ Black Edition GoPro Camera!
We’ll go through all eligible entries and winners will be chosen at random to win our Prize Packs and Hero3+ Black Edition GoPro Camera on Thursday, Aug. 28! Happy hunting!
4. 4th Annual #cloudtalk Tweetup
Mark your calendars, because on Wednesday, August 27 from 5-8pm, we’ll be hosting our fourth annual #cloudtalk to help you get ready for the VMworld 2014 Party! Mingle with fellow vCloud users and enthusiasts over drinks and snacks at 111 Minna. Better hurry, though — we expect to quickly reach 100 percent capacity. Save your spot by RSVPing to our Twtvite today!
Can’t make it? Then join your friends virtually! We’ll be covering the event through our @vCloud Twitter handle – just follow the #cloudtalk hashtag.
There are only a few more weeks until VMworld 2014! Follow us on Twitter at @vCloud to get the latest updates. See you soon!