By implementing private and public clouds based on VMware technology, MicroStrategy has been able to cut internal operating costs by $1M each year and generate new revenue streams that were previously inaccessible.
MicroStrategy delivers enterprise software platforms for business intelligence (BI), mobile intelligence and social intelligence applications to some of the largest companies around the world. As an enterprise software company, MicroStrategy needs to continually deliver innovative products and support customers globally at the lowest operational costs in order to keep ahead of the competition.
Built on VMware vCloud technology, MicroStrategy’s cloud environments were able to alter the company’s entire business model, impacting both its own processes and how it delivered solutions to customers. Just four weeks after MicroStrategy implemented its internal private cloud, benefits in the following areas were already apparent:
- Productivity and efficiency gains;
- More responsive support;
- Expanding the environment to accelerate sales;
- Millions in cost savings.
In addition, Kevin Spurway, Vice President of Cloud Services and Strategic Marketing at MicroStrategy, shares that the company’s move to VMware has generated new revenue for MicroStrategy, stating, “We’ve been able to use the cloud service to get into accounts that were previously difficult for us to get access to.”
With its public cloud environment, MicroStrategy can now supply customers with the analytics they want and the ongoing service they can depend on, in the form of:
- A new, competitive offering: With VMware, MicroStrategy can offer analytics in the cloud as a platform-as-a-service (PaaS), giving customers all the components they need for cloud-based analytics.
- Faster, better analytics: As the public cloud automatically expands as users sign in and scales down once users close out, MicroStrategy can handle a rapid influx of users, and customers gain the insights they need without latency.
- The ability to pioneer emerging markets: With a cloud environment, MicroStrategy can deliver mobile analytics faster and more easily than competitors, giving customers the opportunity to become leaders in their industries through key, emerging insight.
What’s next for MicroStrategy? The company hopes to expand its virtualization footprint and pioneer upcoming releases of VMware’s product suite. Because the public and private cloud functionality delivered by VMware has enabled MicroStrategy to transfer its IT innovation into success for its customers, the company believes that finding new ways to work with VMware will ultimately translate into increasing customer satisfaction.
Visit Another VMware Cloud to learn more about other companies who have successfully deployed a public, private, or hybrid cloud model through VMware. Be sure to follow us on Twitter at @vCloud and @VMwareSP for more Another VMware Cloud stories!