With all the great sessions and events taking place at VMware Partner Exchange, we thought it would be helpful to give a rundown of what attendees can expect at PEX 2012. We’ll be on-site at the show, providing photos, videos, and live-tweets straight from Las Vegas, so be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Activities at the VMware Booth
At the VMware Booth (#1300), PEX attendees will have the opportunity to learn more about VMware Partner Programs, Products and Solutions through 16 demo stations, including live demos of the new vCloud Integration Manager (vCIM) and vCloud Connector 1.5.
Service Provider Pavilion
Be sure to drop by the Service Provider Pavilion, an area created exclusively for VSPP partners to exhibit their offerings. Inside the Pavilion attendees will have the opportunity to speak with experts and learn more about virtualization and cloud solutions from VMware Service Providers such as Bluelock, Hosting.com, iLand and more.
The Solutions Exchange
This year at PEX the Solutions Exchange will feature over 80 of the leading virtualization and cloud infrastructure companies.
The Solutions Exchange hours are:
Tuesday, Feb. 14: 11am – 6pm
(with Happy Hour taking place from 4:30-6pm)
Wednesday, Feb. 15: 11am – 6pm
There will also be a Welcome Reception in the Solutions Exchange on Monday, Feb. 13 from 5:30-7:30pm. PEX attendees won’t want to miss this opportunity to explore the Solutions Exchange and interact with peers, partners and the VMware team.
While you’re at the Solutions Exchange, also be sure to drop by the Solutions Exchange Theater where Key VMware Partners will be presenting and showcasing their solutions, services and unique capabilities.
From cloud architecture to security to storage and management, these live presentations highlight the power of VMware’s Partner Ecosystem. Check out the schedule below:
VMware PEX Tweetup
Tuesday, Feb. 14, 4:30-6pm
Drinks are on the house Tuesday night in the VMware Community Lounge! We encourage our regular #cloudtalk participants to grab a “tweetini” and come mingle with the global VMware partner social media community, where you can get your VMware questions answered by VCDXs, the VMware Certification Team, the VMware Partner Readiness Team and more.
VMware Partner Exchange Awards
Tuesday, Feb. 14, 6:30-10pm
Congratulations to our regional 2011 Service Provider Partner of the Year winners, iland (Americas), OVH (EMEA) and Fujitsu Australia (APJ)! VMware Partner Network Awards are awarded to partners that offer the most innovative and comprehensive cloud solutions to their customers, and our global Service Provider Partner of the Year winner will be announced during the Partner Exchange Awards on Tuesday night.
VMware Partner Appreciation Party
Wednesday, Feb. 15, 7-10pm
This is the night you don’t want to miss, when we pull out all the stops to show our partners how much you mean to VMware. At the Partner Appreciation Party, attendees will have the opportunity to network with peers, meet colleagues and hear the Barenaked Ladies perform. This event promises to be one of the biggest highlights of an amazing week, so block out your busy schedules now!
Trivia and Giveaways
If you followed @vCloud and @VMwareSP during VMworld 2011, then you’ll remember our #vTrivia prize contest. In addition to our #vTrivia gift card giveaway, we’ll also be hosting a Photo Scavenger Contest for our grand prize, an iPad 2!
#vTrivia – how to play:
- During the show, follow the @VMwareSP handle on Twitter, and look out for trivia questions posted with the #vTrivia hashtag.
- #vTrivia questions will cover big announcements at PEX, as well as highlights from key PEX sessions and events.
- If you think you know the answer to a #vTrivia question, @reply to @VMwareSP with your guess, making sure to tag your tweets with #vTrivia.
Our Photo Scavenger Contest will be held throughout the week, and one lucky winner will get to take home a new iPad 2 on Wednesday night. Here’s how to play:
- In order to win, take three pictures of yourself at the booths of any three of the following Service Providers in the Service Provider Pavillion (AirVM, Bluelock Corporation, CSC, RackForce Networks, Inc, SunGard Availability Services, Terremark North America, Verio, Xtium, iland, PhoenixNAP, Hosting.com, NTT Communications).
- Tweet all three pictures to the @VMwareSP Twitter handle any time during the conference, but all entries must be received before Wednesday, Feb. 15 at 4pm.
- You MUST be in the picture in order to win – and we’ll give you extra bonus points for including a booth staff member in the picture with you!
- We’ll go through all eligible entries by Wednesday, Feb. 15 at 4pm, and one lucky winner will be chosen at random to win our grand prize, an iPad 2!
Partner Exchange is building up to be an exciting event, so be sure to follow us @VMwareSP for live updates from the show!