Authored by Debra Robertson, Product Marketing Manager, Cloud Native Applications
DockerCon 2017 is a three-day, Docker-centric conference organized by Docker, Inc that takes place from April 17-20, 2017 in Austin, Texas. As a gold sponsor of the event, VMware will be there to support the Docker community and participate in sessions, share demos, and promote the event.
If you’re heading to DockerCon 2017 next week in Austin, connect with us to learn how VMware’s Cloud Native Apps portfolio and open source technologies enable developers and IT from dev-test to production. VMware subject matter experts will be onsite to walk you through demos and use cases for securely developing, deploying and managing container-based applications.
Attend the Self-Service Provisioning of Docker Datacenter on VMware vSphere Session
Join VMware in a session discussing how new self-service provisioning capabilities in vSphere will allow developers and cloud admins to deploy and operate Docker Datacenter in a ticketless manner. Software Engineers Ivan Porto Carrero and Benjamin Corrie will give a sneak preview of current development work aimed at giving developers access to container frameworks on demand – while at the same time leveraging the advanced performance, availability, and security capabilities of vSphere.
WHEN: Tuesday, Apr 18, 4:15 PM – 4:35 PM
WHAT: Self-Service Provisioning of Docker Datacenter on VMware vSphere
TRACK: Ballroom C
This session will highlight how features like DRS, SDRS, HA, and NSX micro-segmentation can be used to make your container deployments more highly available, secure, performant and maintainable.
Join the Conversation at Booth G9
While at DockerCon, you can connect with VMware’s cloud-native team, and experience our solutions through our many booth demos:
- vSphere Integrated Containers: Deploy enterprise-grade container infrastructure designed specifically for running traditional apps in containers, alongside VM-based workloads on vSphere.
- Docker Datacenter on vSphere: Rapid, self-service provisioning of Docker Datacenter on vSphere. Empower developers and cloud admins to deploy secure, highly available and performant container frameworks on demand.
- NSX for Docker Networking: Deploys micro-segmentation to secure and network Docker containers by leveraging advanced NSX CNM/libnetwork capabilities.
- vSphere Docker Volume Services: Enables high availability for stateful apps with Docker-certified vSphere Docker Volume Storage.
- Project Admiral – Container Management Platform: Operationalizes Docker with enterprise container management services including full life cycle management.
- Project Harbor – Enterprise Service Registry: Project Harbor provides an open source, secure, private container registry for enterprises. Features LDAP/AD integration, policy-based replication, and advanced audit and logging functionality.
- Photon Platform and Docker Swarm: Provisions containers on Photon Platform through Docker Swarm with easy integration and compatibility
Pick Up Your Access Pass for the Cloud-Native Fiesta
Join the VMware Cloud-Native team for an exclusive rooftop party with tacos and margaritas during DockerCon in Austin on Wednesday, April 19th at 5:30 PM. At this event, you will have the opportunity to kick up your heels and network with other container community members. Stop by the VMware booth #G9 to pick your access pass; space is limited.
Navigate DockerCon Like Pro
Last year the lines were extremely long at the time the floor opened, so if you can check in early!
- Registration: Bring your ID – You’ll need this to check in and for the DockerCon Party. Registration opens on Monday, April 17 from 10:00am – 7:30pm
Additionally, here are some tools provided by DockerCon to help you navigate the show and network with the community:
- Mobile App: Download the official DockerCon Mobile App to stay informed with the most up to date news and information.
- DockerCon Slack: Download DockerCon Slack – This is the conference preferred
- Moby Mingle: Log into your account and set up Offers, Request and/or Group Chats!
Stay connected with VMware Cloud Native by following us on Twitter at @cloudnativeapps.
We hope to see you there!