What happens in Vegas doesn’t always stay in Vegas. Case in point: VMworld. After taking Sin City by storm last month, VMworld Europe will touch down in Barcelona, Spain on September 11-14 at the Fira Gran Via. The Cloud-Native Applications Business Unit will be at VMworld Europe in full-force, with various meet the expert roundtables and Hands-on Labs tackling the field of digital transformation.
As you’re planning your time at VMworld Europe, check out these must-see meet the expert roundtables, Hands-on Labs and vBrownBags, which are special tech talks presented by community members at IT industry conferences.
Meet the Expert Roundtables:
- Everything You Need to Know About Kubernetes with Robbie Jerrom [MTE4794E] – Monday, Sept. 11, 2:15 p.m.
Has your environment grown beyond the management capabilities of tools like Docker? Then it’s time to explore container orchestrations solutions like Kubernetes. Join this expert-led roundtable to discuss Kubernetes and deployment options with VMware. Get your questions about how Kubernetes makes deploying, scaling and maintaining containers easier in production answered as well.
- Modernizing Traditional Workloads with Andrew Thomas [MTE4791E] – Tuesday, Sept. 12, 11:15 a.m.
Ask Senior Systems Engineer Andrew Thomas about the best practices on how to reliably transform traditional workloads, modernize applications and operationalize management and logging for production-grade deployments during this roundtable.
- Top 3 Cloud-Native Use Cases with Steve Tegeler [MTE4792E] – Tuesday, Sept. 12, 1:15 p.m.
During this meet the experts talk, Director of Technical Product Management & SEs Steve Tegeler will highlight three key use cases leading the trend in the cloud-native space. Hear about the critical considerations, technical choices and trade-offs from the perspective of application owners and DevOps professionals.
- Build Your Own Container Deployment Checklist with Brice Dereims [MTE4796E] – Tuesday, Sept. 12, 2:15 p.m.
Find out how to manage containers at scale with tools already familiar to vSphere administrators to make your container environments more secure, agile and highly available during this roundtable talk with Brice Dereims, Cloud Architect for CNA at VMware.
- What Is Developer-Ready Infrastructure with Merlin Glynn [MTE4797E] – Wednesday, Sept. 13, 2:15 p.m.
Join this roundtable talk to find out how to manage containers at scale with tools already familiar to vSphere administrators in order to make your container environments more secure, agile and highly available.
- Criteria for Selecting Container Frameworks with Patrick Daigle [MTE4793E] – Wednesday, Sept. 13, 3:15 p.m.
Meet the VMware experts with operational and field experience on containers during this expert roundtable. Pick their brains about best practices around choosing container frameworks and what the pros and cons are for various container frameworks, such as Docker Swarm, Kubernetes and Rancher.
Self-Paced Hands-on Labs:
- Kubernetes – Getting Started [SPL183101E]
Explore the components of the Kubernetes system, understand the role of each component and then build, deploy and manage container-based applications with Kubernetes running on vSphere yourself during this self-placed Hands-on Lab.
- Photon OS and Container Basics – Getting Started [SPL183001E]
Are you new to containers and looking to jumpstart your journey into this exciting technology? Join this Hands-on Lab to learn the basic concepts behind containers and gain hands-on experience deploying a classic three-tier application using Photon OS. You’ll also get a peek at more advanced topics, such as multi-component deployment and container networking.
- vSphere Integrated Containers – Getting Started [SPL183002E]
Explore the vSphere Integrated Containers (VIC) platform and two other VMware open source tools (Projects Harbor and Admiral) during this self-paced Hands-on Lab led by Principal System Engineer Pontus Rydin.
- KUBO – Kubernetes Powered by BOSH [VMTN6730E] – Thursday, Sept. 14, 9:15 a.m.
This community tech talk, led by Sr. Technical Marketing Engineer Merlin Glynn, will demonstrate how an operator can deploy and perform Day 2 operations of Kubernetes clusters on vSphere at scale with BOSH.
- Kubernetes Networking Using NSX [VMTN6737E] – Thursday, Sept. 14, 12:15 p.m.
Witness a demo of the capabilities of NSX as we deploy a multi-tier app into Kubernetes and secure it with NSX during this short session featuring Sr. Technical Product Manager Yves Fauser.