VMworld is packing its bags and heading out on a Eurotrip! Bringing all the star power, insight and innovation from Las Vegas overseas, VMworld Europe will touch down at the Fira Gran Via in Barcelona, Spain on September 11-14. As was the case during VMworld US, the Cloud-Native Applications Business Unit at VMware will be hosting a number of exciting sessions during the conference.
With cloud-native technologies continuing to solidify their place at the forefront of the digital transformation movement, you’ll definitely want to catch some of the cloud-native applications sessions at VMworld Europe. While you’re planning out your schedule in preparation for the conference, consider adding some of these cloud-native applications sessions to your list. But first, we’re highlighting two must-see spotlight sessions.
- Cloud-Native for Today and Future: Strategy for Modernizing Apps, Microservices and Serverless [CNA1298SE] – Tuesday, Sept. 12, 11:00 a.m.
Join this spotlight session for an overview on VMware’s cloud-native solutions and learn how enterprises are leveraging cloud-native in their digital transformation. This comprehensive session will provide you with information on VMware’s cloud-native vision, strategy and technologies.
- Transforming the Data Center to Deliver Any Application on Any Platform [MDC7000KE] – Wednesday, Sept. 13, 2:00 p.m.
Hear from customers using VMware’s innovative, software-defined data center architecture during this showcase keynote. We’ll feature the latest demos and discuss products and solutions including vSAN, VMware Cloud Foundation, vRealize Suite and Developer Ready Infrastructure.
Top 10 CNABU Sessions:
- Your Enterprise Cloud-Native App Platform: An Introduction to Pivotal Cloud Foundry [CNA2604QE] – Monday, Sept. 11, 1:00 p.m.
Get an introduction to Pivotal Cloud Foundry, one of the leading cloud-native platforms for enterprises, during this session and learn the ins-and-outs of just what it is and how it works.
- Containers 101 for the vSphere Admin [CNA1370GE] – Tuesday, Sept. 12, 11:00 a.m.
Get a generic containers technical education during this session and join in on a discussion around why containers are gaining so much traction in the development community. Also get a sneak peek at the latest VMware technology relevant to the container space.
- What’s New with Containers on SDDC [CNA3045BE] – Tuesday, Sept. 12, 2:00 p.m.
Explore the latest developments for Containers on SDDC, with solutions that include Docker, vSphere Integrated Containers, Kubernetes and other container frameworks. Learn how containers and container frameworks on vSphere and SDDC streamline application development and maintenance processes.
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry & Developer Ready Infrastructure for the VMware Admin [CNA1142BE] – Wednesday, Sept. 13, 12:30 p.m.
Hear from Sr. Technical Marketing Engineer at VMware Merlin Glynn and Office of the Field CTO at Pivotal Ramiro Salas, who will be discussing real world integrations, architecture and best practices on operating Pivotal Cloud Foundry with VMware Developer Ready Infrastructure.
- Running Docker on Your Existing Infrastructure with vSphere Integrated Containers [CNA1699BE] – Wednesday, Sept. 13, 2:00 p.m.
Get a walkthrough on the architecture of how to run Docker on vSphere with vSphere Integrated Containers (VIC) during this session. We will also demo how VIC works and share with you the best practices that our experts have gained in the field.
- Optimizing Critical Banking Workloads Using vSphere Integrated Containers [CNA2150BE] – Wednesday, Sept. 13, 2:00 p.m.
This session will cover real-world customer experiences with deploying vSphere Integrated Containers (VIC) and discuss in detail how they implemented VIC to optimize workloads by leveraging existing infrastructure to achieve agility, security and manageability while delivering critical banking applications.
- Basics of Kubernetes on BOSH: Run Production-grade Kubernetes on the SDDC [CNA2080BE] – Wednesday, Sept. 13, 3:30 p.m.
Join this session for a discussion around Kubernetes and its Day 2 operational needs. We’ll also provide an overview of Kubo, or Kubernetes on BOSH, and explore how it helps deploy production-grade Kubernetes on SDDC.
- “The Day After Tomorrow”: The Day 2 Operations Challenge [CNA1141GE] – Thursday, Sept. 14, 9:00 a.m.
This session is designed as a real-world role play scenario between a developer and the head of operations as they explore the challenges each other faces during Day 2 operations when the application reaches operations.
- Navigating Through the Container Ecosystem [CNA2392BE] – Thursday, Sept. 14, 10:30 a.m.
In this breakout session, we’ll focus on exploring the challenges associated with managing multiple standalone container hosts and call out the need for a higher-order container orchestration framework. We’ll also cover some of the most used solutions and provide a high-level overview of each.
- Deep Dive: Architecting Container Services with VMware and Pivotal Developer Ready Infrastructure [CNA2006BE] – Thursday, Sept. 14, 12:00 p.m.
Get insight on how to build, deliver and operationalize a production-grade container service that is ready for developers. Learn about Day 1 and Day 2 considerations, must-haves and best practices as well.
Check out a complete list of cloud-native applications events at VMworld Europe by visiting the VMworld Europe catalog. Stay tuned to the Cloud-Native Apps blog and our Twitter handle (@cloudnativeapps) for more news regarding VMworld Europe.