The ecosystem of frameworks and tools in the container space is rapidly evolving. Navigating this dynamic landscape and choosing the right solution for your IT infrastructure can be intimidating and challenging. A well-architected container infrastructure solution is critical for promoting developer productivity and driving business agility. However, critical enterprise requirements like security, visibility, management and governance must be established before operationalizing containers.
At this year’s VMworld US, we have an exciting lineup of sessions that will get you up to speed on best practices for adopting and deploying container infrastructure in multi-cloud environments. Whether you are a newcomer or an expert practitioner of container-based technologies, our VMworld events offer a broad range of learning opportunities to bolster your organizational needs.
Get Industry Perspectives on Container Deployments
Kit Colbert, CTO of Cloud Platform BU at VMware, will be joined by some of our customers and solution providers in the following two sessions. Learn about their experiences, challenges and success stories in deploying containerized workloads to meet real-world use cases.
- Container Deployments: Real World Stories with Our Customers [CNA1766PU] – Monday, Aug. 28, 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
This panel discussion will feature VMware customers such as RIT, CMU, Wells Fargo and Garmin International, Inc.
- Best Practices and Insights on Navigating the Cloud Native Journey: An Insider Perspective from Industry’s Leading Solution Providers [CNA3158PU] – Wednesday, Aug. 30, 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Representatives from Accenture, Capgemini, Cognizant and HCL will discuss the leading trends in the cloud-native space during this panel.
Getting Started on Operationalizing Containers
Learn how you can leverage the core capabilities of vSphere and deliver container infrastructure to meet enterprise demands. The following sessions will get you up to speed on all the latest VMware technologies that are relevant in the container space.
- Containers 101 for the vSphere Admin [CNA1466BU] – Monday, Aug. 28, 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- What’s New with Containers on SDDC [CNA3045BU] – Tuesday, Aug. 29, 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- A Tale of CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code and How Containers/IaaS Fit Into the Story [DEV1369BU] – Wednesday, Aug. 30, 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Modernizing Applications with Containers on vSphere [SER3152BU] – Thursday, Aug. 31, 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Tackle Container Infrastructure Challenges
The capabilities required to operationalize containers and handle Day 2 activities are still maturing. Attend these sessions and learn how you can address challenges posed by containers in storage, management, security and networking.
- Container Management on vSphere [CNA2056QU] – Sunday, Aug. 27, 3:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Container Networking with NSX-T Overview [NET1521GU] – Monday, Aug. 28, 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- One-Stop Container Networking: Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, Docker and More [CNA1091BU] – Monday, Aug. 28, 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Curious Case of “State” in the Cloud Native World [STO3191BU] – Wednesday, Aug. 30, 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
With unparalleled access to industry leaders, domain experts and customers, VMworld will leave you empowered to accelerate your container adoption journey.
If you are looking to dive deep into specific container technologies, we have you covered there as well! Head over to the VMworld catalog and explore more than 50 sessions dedicated to Cloud-Native applications, Kubernetes, Developer Ready Infrastructure and vSphere Integrated Containers.
Be sure to also check out our handy field guide of all the Cloud-Native Applications events taking place at VMworld, and stay tuned to the Cloud-Native Applications blog and our Twitter handle (@cloudnativeapps) for all the latest updates.