Kubernetes is the leading orchestration framework for containers today. Still, deployment and management of an enterprise-ready Kubernetes system is an ongoing challenge for many enterprises. At this year’s VMworld US, taking place Aug. 27-31 at the Mandalay Bay Hotel & Convention Center in Las Vegas, NV, we have a number of sessions about Kubernetes targeting solutions to these challenges. Below we have hand-picked nine notable Kubernetes sessions that you should definitely check out.
- vSphere Storage in Kubernetes [CNA1616QU] – Sunday, Aug. 27, 1:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Attend this quick talk hosted by Staff Engineer Mark Sterin and learn how enterprise-grade VMware vSphere storage is natively exposed in Kubernetes.
- Demystifying Kubernetes: Everything You Need to Know to Get Started [CNA2603GU] – Monday, Aug. 28, 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
This will serve as a ‘Getting Started with Kubernetes’ session devoted entirely to those with only a passing familiarity with Kubernetes. The session will also feature a demo and discussion of VMware technologies for auto deploying Kubernetes on VMware virtual infrastructure.
- One-Stop Container Networking: Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, Docker and More [CNA1091BU] – Monday, Aug. 28, 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
This session covers the essentials of container networking. Learn how VMware NSX supports popular container frameworks like Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes and Docker to operationalize containers at enterprise scale.
- Everything You Need to Know About Kubernetes with Nathan Ness [MTE4794U] – Monday, Aug. 28, 4:15 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Join this roundtable discussion hosted by Technical Product Manager Nathan Hess and get all of your burning questions about the deployment options and operational benefits of Kubernetes answered.
- Kubernetes – Getting Started [ELW183101U] – Tuesday, 29, 1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Learn the different components of the Kubernetes system in this expert-led Hands-on Lab session hosted by Michael West, TPM at VMware. You will build, deploy and manage container-based applications with Kubernetes running on vSphere. For the self-paced lab on the same topic, sign up at SPL183101U.
- Container Networking with NSX in Kubernetes and Cloud Foundry [MTE4858U] – Tuesday, Aug. 29, 2:15 p.m. – 3:00 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 30, 2:15 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
This expert roundtable led by Sr. Technical Product Manager Yves Fauser will feature a discussion on how NSX solves key networking challenges in Kubernetes and Cloud Foundry.
- Deep Dive: How to Deploy and Operationalize Kubernetes [CNA2080BU] – Tuesday, Aug. 29, 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
This deep dive session will walk you through the different services that Kubernetes provides to run cloud-native apps painlessly. There will also be demos showing you how to deploy Kubernetes clusters on a software-defined data center using BOSH.
- Basics of Kubernetes on BOSH: Run Production-grade Kubernetes on the SDDC [CNA3429BU] – Wednesday, Aug. 30, 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
VMware and Pivotal will join forces during this session focusing on Day 2 operational needs of Kubernetes. Get an overview of Kubo, or Kubernetes on BOSH, an open source project contributed by Pivotal and Google to Cloud Foundry Foundation.
- Use Cases: Deploying Real-World Workloads on Kubernetes and Pivotal Cloud Foundry [CNA1612BU] – Wednesday, Aug. 30, 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Get a detailed look at the common enterprise use cases for Kubernetes during this session. VMware and Pivotal teams will share insights on deployment scenarios, lessons learned and key takeaways for Kubernetes deployments.
The Kubernetes fun doesn’t end here! Click here to explore all of the Kubernetes-related sessions at this year’s VMworld, and check out this handy field guide for a complete list of all Cloud-Native Applications events. Interested in learning more about Kubernetes? Get 25% off the Kubernetes Fundamentals Training from Linux Foundation using the code below.