Authored by Debra Robertson, Product Marketing Manager, Cloud Native ApplicationsOpen Container Day at OSCON is a gathering of industry practitioners presenting their takes around forward-thinking, container-based solutions, infrastructure, orchestration, cloud-native computing, continuous delivery, DevOps, microservices, and where this industry segment is going in 2017 and beyond that takes place on May 9, 2017 in Austin, Texas. Talks will be vendor neutral and straight to the point.
If you are heading to Open Container Days at OSCON next week in Austin, connect with us to learn how VMware’s Cloud Native Apps portfolio and open source technologies enable developers and IT from dev-test to production. VMware subject matter experts will be onsite to walk you through demos and use cases for securely developing, deploying and managing container-based applications.
Attend the Containers Are Cool, But How Do You Secure Them? Session
Join Merlin Glynn, senior technical product manager at VMware, in a session discussing the challenges and considerations as container proliferation accelerates, threat surfaces increase, and new security concerns emerge as applications go into production.
WHEN: Tuesday, May 9, 1:55 PM – 2:25 PM
WHAT: Containers are cool, but how do you secure them?
TRACK: Ballroom G
During this session, Merlin will explore some of the headaches of running secure container workloads at scale and shares methods for addressing key challenges.
- Federated identity and access management for the whole stack
- Distributed network security policy for container workloads
- Security as code in the pipeline
Join the Conversation at VMware’s Table
While at Open Container Days, you can connect with VMware’s cloud-native team, and experience our solutions through our booth demos:
- vSphere Integrated Containers (VIC): Deploy enterprise-grade container infrastructure designed specifically for running traditional apps in containers, alongside VM-based workloads on vSphere.
- NSX for Docker Networking: Deploys micro-segmentation to secure and network Docker containers by leveraging advanced NSX CNM/libnetwork capabilities.
- Photon Platform and Kubernetes: Delivers on-demand developer tools and services by leveraging Photon Platforms, a container-optimized cloud platform.
- Photon Platform and Docker Swarm: Provisions containers on Photon Platform through Docker Swarm with easy integration and compatibility.
- Project Admiral – Container Management Platform: Operationalizes Docker with enterprise container management services including full life cycle management.
- Project Harbor – Enterprise Service Registry: Project Harbor provides an open source, secure, private container registry for enterprises. Features LDAP/AD integration, policy-based replication, and advanced audit and logging functionality.
Enter the XPS 13 Developer Edition Sweepstakes
Stop by the VMware table at Open Container Day to enter to win the Dell™ XPS™ 13 laptop, developer edition.
Part of Project Sputnik, these systems began as an open-ended exploratory project to identify what you — developers — demand in an ideal laptop. More information can be found here: http://www.dell.com/developer
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. End 05/09/2017 at 3:15 PM. To enter and for Official Rules, visit the VMware table and enter to win.
Stay connected with VMware Cloud Native by following us on Twitter at @cloudnativeapps.
We hope to see you there!