Authored by Ryan Kelly, Staff Systems Engineer, Cloud Management
In no particular order, here are the top 10 labs that I want to take this year at VMworld
- Cloud Operations With Photon Platform [SPL-1730-USE-2]– This lab will provide an introduction into the new operational models for cloud native applications. Users will set up a Private Cloud on the Photon Platform control plane and will deploy Cloud Applications using multiple application framework technologies, including Docker and Kubernetes.
- DevOps-Ready IT with vRealize Code Stream [SPL-1706-SDC-2]– This lab will introduce you to vRealize Code Stream which provides release pipeline automation and continuous delivery for DevOps-ready IT. You will learn how to install and configure vRCS and execute a pipeline on a live application.
- Introduction to vRealize Orchestrator [SPL-1721-SDC-5] – Learn how to use vRealize Orchestrator to simplify the automation of IT tasks. Explore the vRealize Orchestrator development environment and learn important development concepts by building and testing basic workflows.
- vRealize Automation Extensibility [SPL-1721-USE-3]– his advanced lab explores how vRealize Automation leverages the new Event Broker to extend functionality with existing toolsets and workflows. Common extensibility scenarios include IP Address Management with Infoblox, ITSM tools, DNS and many more.
- vCloud Network Functions Virtualization [SPL-1786-USE-1]– VMware vCloud NFV is a Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) services delivery, operations and management platform, developed for Communications Service Providers (CSPs). For this lab we have partnered with Cloudify and Athonet. We will demonstrate the end-to-end lifecycle of VNF management and orchestration from installation and deployment through post-deployment, or in the telco industry terminolo
- vSphere Automation API and SDK: Tech Preview [SPL-1710-SDC-5]– This Lab introduces you to vSphere Automation APIs and SDKs, which are new developer friendly, simplified interfaces that allow for Virtual Machine creation, modification and deletion via a consistent set of developer and automation tooling.
- vRealize Operations Advanced Use Cases [SPL-1706-USE-4]– This Lab introduces some advanced vRealize Operations topics such as crafting your Policies, working with Super Metrics and Custom Dashboards, using the Alerting framework, and creating custom Views and Reports. We will also introduce the user to End Point Operations and the vRealize Operations API.
- vRealize Automation 7 Basics [SPL-1721-USE-1]– This introductory lab demonstrates the features of vRealize Automation and is a great place to start to begin learning about the powerful capabilities and features of the solution.
- vSphere Integrated Containers from A to Z [SPL-1730-USE-1]– This lab explores vSphere Integrated Containers (VIC) and it’s ability to combine the agility and application portability of Docker Linux containers with VMware’s industry-leading virtual infrastructure platform – a solution that provides unique isolation advantages along with improved container manageability.
- vRealize Automation 7 Advanced [SPL-1721-USE-2]– This advanced lab covers the more complex service authoring capabilities of vRealize Automation including XaaS and Puppet, NSX integration and Application Authoring.
There you have it, maybe I will see you in a Lab next to me!
NOTE: These labs are delivered on a first-come, first-served basis and do not need to be scheduled in advance.
Sun., Aug. 28: 9am-7pm
Mon., Aug. 29: 10:30am-6pm
Tue., Aug. 30: 10:30am -6pm
Wed., Aug. 31: 8am-5pm
Thur., Sept. 1: 8am-3pm