Last year we have released Photon OS which is a Linux distribution optimized to run containers in a virtualized environment.
Since the Photon OS release, almost a year ago, we have seen a great up-take in the community with tens of thousands of downloads.
We have augmented the Photon OS HOW-TO documentation to include step by step instructions for setting up Docker Swarm and Mesos on top of Photon OS. After all, using an OS is only a means to an end. 🙂
We have added 5 new sections to the Photon OS wiki. We are listing them here for your convenience:
- Install and Configure a Swarm Cluster with DNS Service on Photon OS
- Install and Configure a Production Ready Mesos Cluster on Photon OS
- Install and Configure Marathon for Mesos Cluster on Photon OS
- Install and Configure DCOS CLI for Mesos
- Install and Configure Mesos DNS on a Mesos Cluster
Please visit the wiki for the complete set of documentation we have available.