The capability of extending network segments between the on-premises and the cloud is one of the great pillars of the real hybridization that VMware provides. With VMware HCX (that is part of the VMware Cloud on AWS at no additional cost in its Enterprise version), customers can establish site pairings between each on-premises site and the SDDC, and then deploy the corresponding Service Mesh that includes the Network Extension service.
But, there are on-premises architectures with restrictions or licensing levels which do not allow using VMware HCX to extend network segments.
So in this case, what are my options? In order to help you with the alternation solutions, I have written a white paper composed of two parts that explains in detail, step by step, how to configure a network segment extension architecture between several on-premise sites against a single VMware Cloud on AWS SDDC using L2VPNs through the incorporation of T1-Gateways.
Check out this whitepaper to learn more about how to configure these configurations to execute this new use case.
If you would like to learn more about VMware Cloud on AWS, please check out the resources below:
For more information related to VMware Cloud on AWS, here are some more learning resources for you:
- You can learn more about our VMware Cloud on AWS service at the VMware Cloud on AWS website
- Follow us on Twitter @vmwarecloudaws and give us a shout with #VMWonAWS.
- Leverage the new VMware Cloud on AWS Techzone for curated technical documentation.
- Watch informative demos, overview videos, webinars and hear from our customers: VMware Cloud on AWS on YouTube.
- Try the VMware Cloud on AWS Hands on Labs for a first-hand immersive experience.
- Read our latest VMware Cloud on AWS blogs.
- Obtain the VMware Cloud on AWS Solution Brief and VMware Cloud on AWS TCO 1-pager.
- Follow the VMware Cloud on AWS release notes, VMware Site Recovery release notes and VMware Cloud Disaster Recovery release notes on continuing updates.
- Read Technical Guides on Operations, Applications, and Performance.
- Listen to latest episodes of VMware Cloud on AWS Unplugged Podcast
- Check out Cloud Customer Success Community, engage with your peers and get your questions answered.