Multi-cloud is upending the digital transformation. Companies that started with the cloud-first mandate soon had to adopt a multi-cloud mindset, which manifested into an operational conundrum defined by many as ‘Cloud Chaos.’ While cloud proliferation isn’t easing, the number of applications seems to be on the rise , forcing customers to increase their multi-cloud deployments.
To attain the promise of multi-cloud and application modernization at an expedited pace and optimal cost, VMware launched VMware® Cloud Universal™, a flexible subscription purchasing and consumption program for executing one’s digital transformation strategy. Businesses can choose desired purchasing and consumption plans based on business needs. VMware Cloud Universal offers a comprehensive portfolio of software-as-a-service (SaaS) capabilities in a subscription-based model.
The program brings solution choice and consumption flexibility across public, private, and hybrid cloud environments. VMware Cloud Universal subscription options span multiple hybrid/public cloud infrastructures, unified cloud management, application containers with Kubernetes, and disaster recovery. We are pleased to announce multiple new additions to the VMware Cloud Universal program:
1. VMware NSX Advanced Load Balancer with Cloud Services (formerly Avi PULSE): delivering advanced load balancing, web application firewall (WAF) for app security, and container ingress for Kubernetes clusters across both vSphere, VMware Cloud, and native public cloud environments with simplified control
2. VMware Ransomware Recovery for VMware Cloud Disaster Recovery: This new, purpose-built ransomware recovery-as-a-service solution enables safe recovery that prevents the re-infection of IT and line-of-business production workloads through its innovative use of an on-demand isolated recovery environment on VMware Cloud on AWS. Guided recovery workflows allow customers to identify recovery point candidates quickly, validate restore points using embedded behavioral analysis, and recover data with minimal loss.
3. VMware Cloud Flex Storage offers a disaggregated approach to storage and compute and is especially helpful for workloads where storage evolves independently of compute. The offering is elastic, scalable, and natively integrated into VMware Cloud on AWS. With just a few clicks in the VMware Cloud Services Console, customers can scale their storage environment without adding hosts and elastically adjust their storage capacity up or down as needed for every application. Customers also benefit from a simple pay-as-you-go consumption model.
For more information:
• VMware Cloud Universal website
• VMware NSX Advanced Load Balancer
• VMware Cloud Flex Storage
• VMware Ransomware Recovery